s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
I'll look into iTunes as soon as I have time.

About the HTML for the embed, in general I try to get it from the site directly to make sure I have the latest version. It never hurts to specify but I'll double check it either way.

Reactions: R30
Can someone who posts Twitter links please send me a link to a post on their forum with tweets? I'm still getting complaints from a few users that the tweets are not loading, or only 1/2 load.

If they have the problem on other sites, it's got to be a browser setting on their part.

This is a great add on, but this problem persists for some users.

Thank you,

Tom

I'm still getting complaints

You said that a couple of months ago. I asked for information and you never replied.

You said that again last month. I asked for the same information once more and you never replied.

There is a fundamental breakdown in communication here and I regret having to spend time explaining it for the second time. At this point I think it would be better for me to simply ignore your messages since replying to them has no effect whatsoever. This is both annoying and discouraging.

You said that a couple of months ago. I asked for information and you never replied.

You said that again last month. I asked for the same information once more and you never replied.

There is a fundamental breakdown in communication here and I regret having to spend time explaining it for the second time. At this point I think it would be better for me to simply ignore your messages since replying to them has no effect whatsoever.

What is wrong with you? I didn't complain, and I said it's a great add on, but I'm still having an issue. I asked you for nothing, and yes, you should feel free to ignore my replies if you can't be civil.

My reply simply asked if someone could post a link that I could send a user to to see if they had the same problem elsewhere.

But if it helps others - Using the most recent version of safari and chrome, on a new iPad. Others have had the same issue on a PC with Windows 10, or whatever the newest version is.

Here is a link to a thread on one of my sites.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/twitter-embeds-not-fully-appearing.94582/

Feel free to search my posts throughout this site. You seem to be the only person who has an issue with my posts.

Last edited:
@Temery This is first time you reply to my post so while I deplore the general tone, at least maybe we can have a conversation.

As you can see in this thread, I try to reply to every message here shortly after they are posted. This thread has over 2,500 messages and I've read every one of them. Whenever an issue arise, I will work with the original reporter to find the root cause and whenever possible, fix it in a timely manner. If my replies and requests for information go unanswered, then not only does it mean that my time was wasted, it also means there may be an issue that will go unresolved.

The first two times you mentioned having troubles with Twitter I went on my own and tried it on a variety of browsers/OS combinations. It worked every time. The URL you mentioned isn't publicly accessible but there are other threads in the public parts of the forum that contain embedded tweets. Today I tried visiting one of those using a virtual machine running iOS 9.3 for the iPad Retina browser, as well as Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10 and Internet Explorer 13 on Windows 10. They all displayed the full tweet as expected. I simply cannot reproduce this issue on my own.

There is exactly one way to ever see this issue resolved: by getting hold of a user actually experiencing it. The issue is almost definitely related to JavaScript and there should be an entry in the browser's error console. It can be caused by any number of external factors, especially by extensions and sometimes by antivirus software that would incorrectly prevent JavaScript execution. If you can find someone who has troubles with embedded tweets and if you can get them to look for errors or security warnings in their browser, then it will be a step towards fixing it.

If you are looking for other forums displaying embedded tweets, you may try this one.

If you are looking for other forums displaying embedded tweets, you may try this one.

Thanks, I'll have them try this link. And thanks for letting me know that part of my site wasn't available to unregistered guests. May explain why ad revenue is down on that site compared to my other sites.

If possible could this sort of feature be implemented?

Possible but inadvisable. It would be an inconvenience if the link to a film's page was automatically replaced with the movie's video trailer.

What you'd really want is some sort of neat info box with the film's name/rating, a link to the page and the trailer. That'd be an entirely different add-on, though. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that already existed by the way.

Reactions: W.D
Has anyone else noticed issues with Imgur album embeds not displaying correctly in certain browsers? I've had users complain about Vivaldi, Palemoon, and now Firefox. All on desktop.

Problem seems to be that Imgur is selectively testing a beta version of the embed, so it doesn't affect everyone.

Possible but inadvisable. It would be an inconvenience if the link to a film's page was automatically replaced with the movie's video trailer.

What you'd really want is some sort of neat info box with the film's name/rating, a link to the page and the trailer. That'd be an entirely different add-on, though. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that already existed by the way.

There are actually 2 addons by Snog that does this. One for movies and one for tv shows.

@Aibohphobia It works fine for me on Firefox but I can't get the beta version of that page so it doesn't mean anything. Either it's growing pains during their beta phase or we'll know for sure when they roll it out to everyone.

Top Bottom