s9e Media BBCodes pack

s9e Media BBCodes pack 20231102

No permission to download
My website has HSTS enabled, so any HTTP connection won't load. But on some cases, like Straw Poll, it actually supports HTTPS connection, but the media tag loads it with HTTP by default. Well, simply editing the tag to load it from HTTPS will do the job. (It seems like, even when the embed was loaded through HTTPS protocol, the embed would load some other scripts from CurseCDN through HTTP protocol) But now that I see, it seems like most, if not all, of the supported sites will load from HTTP instead?

@BobbyWibowo The add-on uses protocol-relative URLs everywhere possible. About half of the embeds are set to use protocol-relative URLs and about 20 more are set to use HTTPS only. I only see 17 sites currently using HTTP only. Some sites don't support HTTPS at the time they are added and I only infrequently check back whether HTTP-only sites have started supporting HTTPS, which I assume must be the case with Straw Poll.

As you mentionned, Straw Poll loads some font-related scripts via HTTP but it seems to function normally otherwise. I'll update the site definition to use a protocol-relative URL shortly.

@JoshyPHP Other than font from Google, the embed would also load an external script called "cdmfactorem_min.js" from cdm.cursecdn.com. I'm not too familiar with Straw Poll embed, so I've no idea whether it'd affect the embed or not. At the very least the interface was visible. And well, yeah, to be honest, those two you just updated were the only ones I noticed not to use protocol-relative URLs. It was already night, and I simply assumed the others were also like that because the link to their homepage were mostly using HTTP. Oh well. Anyway, thanks for the update!
On a side note, I've also contacted Straw Poll support about that particular JS file that was loaded from HTTP instead.

@JoshyPHP Thanks. Messed around with that addon before, but it couldnt quite do what I wanted it to do. Guess I will stick with using the media add on from Xenforo, then embedding those videos into threads.

Cheers

@JoshyPHP any chance your BBCode mod could extent into the Media Gallery so it can support Twitch thumbnails? :D

Not really. I've occasionally looked into supporting thumbnails in XenForo Media Gallery but it's a labor intensive process and I simply can't allocate the time it requires.

If you or somebody else wants to sponsor the development of thumbnail support for specific sites, you can send me a pm and I'll look into it.

Our Firefox users are reporting that videocontrols are missing from embedded Youtube videos. Chrome works fine.

That seems like a browser issue. If you experience that issue again and you're using a custom style, try with the default style and see if it changes anything. If the problem persists, send me the URL of a page that displays the video.

That seems like a browser issue. If you experience that issue again and you're using a custom style, try with the default style and see if it changes anything. If the problem persists, send me the URL of a page that displays the video.

Same thing with default theme and Firefox. Chrome is ok. Sent you a PM with test link.

One of my users noticed that when pasting an imgur/r/ link, i.e.: http://imgur.com/r/animals the addon will try to load it but fails. Is it possible to make it so that those don't get rendered and will be posted as link only? Same goes for imgur.com/user/username links.

Thanks!

@JoshyPHP

Why is regular Facebook embed's (such as a text post containing a few lines) iframe height fixed to 360px?

It leaves a lot of blank space at the bottom when the actual embed takes much less than 360 px in height.

Top Bottom