Ryan Gordon’s Departure From MyBB - Whats the real reason?

whats with the whole 2 year old thread ressurections as of late

You know.. thinking about it, it might be a good thing. People posted in the thread that haven't been here in a year, get the notice of a new reply "oh i remember that thread" come back to give it a read, see xF has now won all the drama lama lawsuit mumble jumble and decide to pull up a chair, pour a cup of coffee and stay a while.

Hell I think it would be a good move on xF's part to send out a board mailer "we won and have xF on sale for $110.00". Could bring back a load of forgotten folks.

whats with the whole 2 year old thread ressurections as of late
You know.. thinking about it, it might be a good thing. People posted in the thread that haven't been here in a year, get the notice of a new reply "oh i remember that thread" come back to give it a read, see xF has now won all the drama lama lawsuit mumble jumble and decide to pull up a chair, pour a cup of coffee and stay a while.

Hell I think it would be a good move on xF's part to send out a board mailer "we won and have xF on sale for $110.00". Could bring back a load of forgotten folks.

It helps me (as a quite-new-member) to know about the existence of this old post too :D

From Ryan Gordon's blog:

I appreciate the concern that some have expressed over my leaving MyBB, but I want to assure you that my motives were purely personal. As for my immediate plans, I am establishing a honey bee farm in the high desert and fully intend to produce and promote my own line of honey and related products. I understand this is not in keeping with what you might expect from a developer of my stature, but one can only tap away at a keyboard for so long.

A bee colony is a microcosm of civilization in general, and if you can master bees you can master humans. Of this I am confident. Once the bee farm is successful and self-sustaining, I will be recruiting followers to live with the bees and I in the desert, to work toward a new world that we can all be proud of.

Thanks again for your wishes, and I hope to see you all very soon.

Actually I wanted to know if the Honey was ready yet.
It's great for sore throats.

Attachments

• rule.2.forum.posting.webp
    rule.2.forum.posting.webp
    17 KB · Views: 29

Until we know for sure xF won and didn't have a compromised settlement, I'd not yet sound out such a mailer.

Now that you mentioned it, I'm surprised they didn't already do that. But XF should probably send out more mails in general to promote sales... (with unsubscribe option for those kind of mails).

Until we know for sure xF won and didn't have a compromised settlement, I'd not yet sound out such a mailer.

They did not won, well, they did in another way, but at the end IB and XF had settlement where everyone "pays his own bills".
All written down on Pacer and the Lawsuit Thread.

And we will never know what agreement they´ve made, until.... they will/can tell us, everything closes down or IB´s Banner is on top..... (n)

Only one thing we know. Its over. Thats all what counts atm.
Back to Topic

Top Bottom