run the forum on 2 different domain name

Do you mean like have it located in one place with various domain names pointing to it?

If so host it under one domain name and then use 301 redirects from the other domain names to the main one

The idea is to merge one forum with another one but keep the old domain name too ,so both domain name will show exactly the same .

I would suspect (but not 100% sure) you could do this using two xenForo licences and one database, but any changes/add-ons would have to be installed in both, ie ensure they both are exactly the same.

@Brogan ?

Licence issues apart, I would suspect this could be harmful for SEO unless you can set a rel=canonical.
You're totally right. Duplicate content will definitely be harmful for SEO.

My recommendation would be to redirect the user to the content and notify him about the merge (You can add an origin variable in the URL to know if the user was coming from your second domain).
This way, your website keeps a good SEO and your users know what is happening.

Other than that and licence issues, yes it is possible. You can just rewrite every URLs on a reverse-proxy and use one XF installation. I do not recommend doing this as this will impact both performance and SEO.

Hi, i have i similar question.

How to make it work with two diferents domains, without redirects? Just 2 similar domains and contents with one DB.
As i know, inside AC I have to indicate option with onley one domain URL name. This option writes to database.

So, if I want to use the same DB in another one domain name i will got redirect to previous domain which was indicated in AC by myself?

How to resolve this weird moment?

Top Bottom