XF 2.1 problems with workinprogress copy of the forum on different domain but same server

nbit

Hi,
I copied my xenforo forum on another domain on the same server with the intention to test the update to xenforo 2.2 and to make it a workinprogess development site. The 2 domains, the production one and the workinprogress one, have 2 different accounts but I was very surprised that the workinprogress copy was able to connect to the production database.
Even after changing the database name and user in settings, if i log into the administration of the workinprogress version and put the forum offline, also the production forum goes offline.

It looks like the workinprogress and the production forums are linked somehow, but I want them to be totally independent. Any hint or suggestion for avoiding messing up the production forum while working on the workinprogress one?

Solution
Did you change the config.php file and any caching and cookie prefix for the test site?

Did you change the config.php file and any caching and cookie prefix for the test site?

Solution
thanks for pointing me to that topic,
I did anything but
  • Update Options -> Basic options: Board title to something like Test MySite
  • change cache prefix
Dunno if they are relevant. I am using memcached, can the problem be related to memcached?

If you didn't change the cache prefix, then that's very relevant as the cache system stores data from the database to more efficiently access it.

You may be best just disabling any cache layer on the test site.

Top Bottom