XF 2.2 Staging Site With a Different Domain Name

ritesh

I just bought a Xenforo license, and man, it feels great!

Now I have a staging site related query. I am on Cloudways. The domain I used for license registration already has a live WordPress site.

So, I'm developing my new XF forum on a Cloudways app with a similar URL: phpstack-xxxxxx-xxxxxxx.cloudwaysapps.com

Once the site is finished, I will move the domain from my WordPress app to the XF app.

Now the domain I used for XF license registration is, let's say example.com

Here we have different domain names for the XF license and XF staging site.

If I add a custom subdomain to the staging site like dev.example.com, will that work?

What's the best approach in this case?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Yes, it will work.

Depending on the URL used for the staging/test site, there may be a message in the ACP about the license/URL, but it can be ignored.

This is the text from the license agreement:
You may create additional test installations for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, installed at a URL that makes the testing purpose clear, not used for production purposes and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

ritesh

Thank you. But I am getting this warning:

The following issues should be resolved. Once they have been resolved, check for upgrades again to confirm.
  • The Board URL option does not match the site URL configured for your license.