Implemented  - RSS Import/Feeder

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
In addition to just importing the feeds, it would be even more awesome if there could be some way to post the RSS feeds via cron jobs. So instead of posting all the new posts at once (like how vB does right now) it would be better to post them after a certain period of time. Like if RSS feed imports 10 posts, then we can schedule the posts to get posted into the forum every 1 hr or every 15 mins etc. This would make the search engines to visit the forum more often as we now have much frequently updated content.

Yes, I hope so too.

It would be a must have for my xbox site, and cannot convert to xF until it's available. Everything else can come later...

The only issue I've ever had with RSS feeds in forums is that it completely floods the recent activity and what's new pages.

If this were added, it'd be wonderful to have a "omit from recent activity" option, or at least some way to mitigate the massive amount of content when trying to see what other, living, members are up to.

Posted this in http://xenforo.com/community/threads/suggestion-rss-feeder.6203 but I'll post it here too:

The only issue I've ever had with RSS feeds in forums is that it completely floods the recent activity and what's new pages.

If this were added, it'd be wonderful to have a "omit from recent activity" option, or at least some way to mitigate the massive amount of content when trying to see what other, living, members are up to.

Agree with this too. Helped me a lot at my old board to get some content into it and with it also some more Users. An absolutly MUSThave, in my opinion

Wonderful suggestion! Was already looking for an AddOn :)

Brentnauer is totally right when he asks for an "omit from recent activity" option to prevent from flooding the recent activity.

Cheers,
Martin

Top Bottom