XF 1.3 RSS feed not working in one forum

Ludachris

I keep seeing some errors pop up in the XF logs for one sub-forum. Looks like an error for the RSS feed for that forum. I get this front end error when I click on the RSS icon for the forum in question:

An exception occurred: parameter $date must be set, null is not allowed in /home/site/public_html/library/Zend/Date.php on line 1292

1. Zend_Date->_calculate() in Zend/Date.php at line 1078
  2. Zend_Date->set() in Zend/Date.php at line 197
  3. Zend_Date->__construct() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Forum/View.php at line 52
  4. XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View->renderRss() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  5. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Rss.php at line 31
  6. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Rss->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 582
  7. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/index.php at line 13

There's definitely some corrupt data there.

Is this an import?
Do you have any add-ons installed?

It may require some checking in the database to see what's going on.

Where would I look in the db and what am I looking for exactly? Looks like a thread that was posted after the import, or at least it's dated as such. There's no ID for it so I'm not sure how I'd track it down.

OK, Mike has just informed me that the date is appearing as null and therefore the last message data shows as "now".

This must be due to an add-on.

The date is actually null, so the whole record being returned is... bizarre. The lack of a thread ID would indicate that something is overwriting that. So the first thing to try would be to disable add-ons, though that doesn't rule them out from being the cause (particularly if they add conflicting column names).

I just searched xf_thread for that image URL and it came up with no results. I'm using Waindigo's Thread Thumbnails plugin... I'll try disabling that to see if it has an effect.

Got it... I turned off the plugin, was able to see the thread. The user's name wasn't clickable, and I've confirmed the account is in the system so that's strange. The thread was empty. It didn't appear to be soft deleted.

I went ahead and permanently deleted the thread since it looked to be completely empty when I clicked on it. I'm hoping that is the only thread like that. It's the only error I've seen of that type since the migration.

After looking into some more, I searched that user's posts and it looks like the post in that forum that was causing the issue was merged with another thread at some point a while back and became a reply in that thread. I can see the image in the post that Mike posted above. Seems like there was a remnant left for the thread in the forum - maybe a redirect record for it in the import? I've found remnants from other merged threads in search results (I posted a thread about that a few weeks ago too).

Top Bottom