XF 1.2 RSS content is for first post of threads only?

Martok

I've just tried the RSS feeds for the forums on my site (both individual forums and the whole site forum). What I was expecting to see in the RSS was the contents of every post, but all I am getting is the content of the first post in threads.

Is this how the RSS has been designed? If so, it's not what I was expecting or what members on my site were hoping for.

This is how it's been designed and how I've seen it other software as well. This seems like the first time I've see any sort of other approach requested.

This is how it's been designed and how I've seen it other software as well. This seems like the first time I've see any sort of other approach requested.
This is how RSS works on phpBB. Although that software doesn't have individual feeds for forums, it does have an overall feed. The overall feed contains all posts, not just the first post from each thread.

Before moving to Xenforo my community was on phpBB and some members used RSS to keep up-to-date with reading posts. They had hoped that the improved RSS functionality in 1.2 would allow them to do this again but with the RSS only providing the first post of a thread, they can't use it as they did before.

This is how RSS works on phpBB. Although that software doesn't have individual feeds for forums, it does have an overall feed. The overall feed contains all posts, not just the first post from each thread.

Before moving to Xenforo my community was on phpBB and some members used RSS to keep up-to-date with reading posts. They had hoped that the improved RSS functionality in 1.2 would allow them to do this again but with the RSS only providing the first post of a thread, they can't use it as they did before.
Agree with that. I'm missing that function too. Lot of my users just check their FB wall, where my feeds shows up. But now it redirects them to the first post of the thread. It's not logical to me.

I have the same challenge with Twitterfeed. Earlier on SMF we used to feed new posts to Twitter.. Now with Xenforo, the first post in the thread is sent which at least for me is not logical.

Top Bottom