Resource icon

Route Changer 1.1.3

No permission to download
This doesn't seem to work with the xenTag add-on. Trying to change the tags/ url to something else with no luck

This doesn't seem to work with the xenTag add-on. Trying to change the tags/ url to something else with no luck

I will test it. Just to confirm, can you post a link to that addon?

The Route Changer works with all "standard" routes, but sometimes addons do nonstandard things. ;)

It works for me. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Are there specific instructions to reproduce the problem?

I am using your Node as tabs add-on as well.

http://www.orchidsforum.com/

Click Orchid Genera link in navigation. That link goes to /tags/ page. However, when I add tags/ to route changer and try to change it to something else nothing happens. I have been able to use the Route Changer on other forums that do not use Nodes As Tabs with a Link Node.

I am using your Node as tabs add-on as well.

http://www.orchidsforum.com/

Click Orchid Genera link in navigation. That link goes to /tags/ page. However, when I add tags/ to route changer and try to change it to something else nothing happens. I have been able to use the Route Changer on other forums that do not use Nodes As Tabs with a Link Node.

Oh. For link-forums it won't build the target link using the link builder which is what the Route Changer extends. Rather the route is hard-coded as the target for the link-forum. Even still, some pages do a canonical check in the controller which will cause the old route to redirect to the new one set by the Route Changer, but the tags addon apparently doesn't do that in its controller. So basically you need to manually update the target URL of your link-forum. The Route Changer will ensure that the new URL works.

Alright, I disabled your Nodes As Tabs add-on but still can not get the route to change for /tags/ on more than one forum.

If you get some time, I have a Developer account you can pop in on and try it yourself. Not sure what is going on.

Alright, I disabled your Nodes As Tabs add-on but still can not get the route to change for /tags/ on more than one forum.

If you get some time, I have a Developer account you can pop in on and try it yourself. Not sure what is going on.

Sure. Send me a login. I will take a look.

thanks for the xenporta fix
i thought i was going crazy because I was sure I had xenporta working before i installed this mod

I think I have found a bug with this add-on. When you change your index page to forum (index -> forum), links of categories are ignored.

Example:

Original Link: domain.com/#category.3

Link after changed index to forum: domain.com/#category.3

But the link should be this: domain.com/forum/#category.3

XenPorta doesn't have this bug if you set your forum to /forum, so the issue must be in this add-on. Can you fix this please in the next release? :)
Confirmed. Thank you for the report.

The category links are a special consideration when changing the index. XenPorta has code to check this. I will add a similar check in the next update.

Any updates on this?

Hi, I'm sure this is in the thread somewhere but I didn't spot it sorry...

Does this plugin work with the Sitemap for Xenforo plugin. I've changed the route from forums->sf, but in the sitemap it still states forums in the urls when the sitemap is generated.

Thanks

Hi, I'm sure this is in the thread somewhere but I didn't spot it sorry...

Does this plugin work with the Sitemap for Xenforo plugin. I've changed the route from forums->sf, but in the sitemap it still states forums in the urls when the sitemap is generated.

Thanks

It should work unless the Sitemap addon is not using link classes or it is caching its output. Can you post a link to the addon? I will test it.

Top Bottom