1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Rogue User

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by JayX, Feb 1, 2014.

1. JayX

JayX Active Member

A user has deleted all of their posts (or edited them to a single letter in some cases). Is there anyway to retrieve all of this content (I'd lose more content by restoring a backup) and if not, is there at least some way to prevent this happening in the future?

Thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You can revert to previous versions of the posts using the History link on each one.

Remove the ability for members to edit posts after x time to stop it happening again.

JayX likes this.
  3. JayX

JayX Active Member

Ah, thank you. Presumably there's no way to revert the posts at once? I'm guessing this is a manual job?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can batch revert their message edits in the control panel. Go to the user's page and look in the "Actions" drop down.

Dakis and JayX like this.
  5. JayX

JayX Active Member

Wow, xenforo is seriously brilliant. Thanks both of you.

Now if there was a way to do that with reverting deleted posts, that'd be even better. Presuming that's not an option, though?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately, no option to do that in bulk.

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Soft deleted or physically deleted? If soft I should be able to come up with some queries for you.