RIP Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not here to debate how many "creative geniuses" there were behind Apple and its success. :)

I do think a lot of people overlook Wozniak. While Jobs was always the public face and certainly the creative/business genius, Apple simply wouldn't have existed at all had Wozniak not built the Apple I and II, and that's a fact. The immediate, early success of Apple can be attributed almost directly to Wozniak.

But certainly, one cannot overstate what Jobs did for Apple post-1997. Almost single-handedly turned the corporation around from just another nearly bankrupt OEM to the iconic thing it is today.

pod0042-apple-logo-steve-jobs-silhouette.webp

Absolutely correct, it wasn't. He was only the creative genius behind it.

No, his staff were. He was the genius that brought that creative genius to the mass market through his dictator style of management.

I have deleted some disparaging posts.

Have some respect for goodness sake.
It's amazing how you can leave his post where he's being a smart ass but delete mine for pointing it out because I think it's uncalled for to make those posts in a thread like this.

Thumbsup job on the moderating again. Really motivates me to stay respectful and hold back the next time I see it.

Pardon? I have respect for him and his family. I lost my Mother 4 years ago to cancer, she made the best roast dinner ever, but people before her invented it.
The trademarks awarded to them for having a unique invention tell a different story. Unlike the roast dinner.

The trademarks awarded to them for having a unique invention tell a different story. Unlike the roast dinner.

And? I will bet my house on the fact the Steve Jobs didn't come up with the design for the iphone, ipod, ipad. The engineers at Apple did and Jobs just made sure it came to market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom