RIP Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I woke up to news of Steve Jobs passing as I read the news on my iMac. I travelled to work commenting about his death on my iPhone and now I'm about to start work at my usual job of a designer sat at my Mac Pro doing designery things. I will no doubt go home on the train, use my phone again and then use my mac to play with my xenforo website.

To say Jobs and his team have changed how I live my life is an understatement.

We do not mourn his passing, but that he is lost to us. As we continue to live this daily existence with sadness, heartache and pain, Job is face to face with his Creator. Oh to be there to hear the discussion between accomplished designer and divine designer.

Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into your rest and abide in my heart.

President Obama on the Passing of Steve Jobs: "He changed the way each of us sees the world."

Screen Shot 2011-10-05 at 11.19.30 PM.webp

Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of Apple, I don't think it is possible to qualify what a tremendous role he has played in shaping not only a myriad of industries but our entire culture as whole. It's innovation like his that not only transforms but transcends time.

I posted this in another thread here. I read a very nice tribute to Steve Jobs by President Obama, in which he said -

“The world has lost a visionary,” Obama said. “And there may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented.”

I really hate the apple hype, but this man was a visionary.

iSad and godspeed, Steve..

Rest in Peace, Steve Jobs.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of Apple, I don't think it is possible to qualify what a tremendous role he has played in shaping not only a myriad of industries but our entire culture as whole. It's innovation like his that not only transforms but transcends time.
It's not only about Apple.

When i got my hands on a NeXTCube for the first time (around 1990 or so), I instantly knew that it was designed by truly visionary people and Jobs was one of them. It was years ahead of its time and they only flopped because time and the people of that time were not ready.

He will be remembered as a man who did so many important and remarkable things in the history of IT and whose visions and achievements changed the way we are solving problems, communicating with each other and to some extent, our whole lives.

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don't want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life.
(a quote, taken from Jobs' speech at Stanford, 2005).

RIP.

If a muslim would pass away we would say Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return" (Bakara 156). But Steve has touched so many lives that I'll pray for him as well. Rahmetullahi aleyh - God rest his soul.

I am muslim. It doesn't matter, be he buddhist or muslim or whatever... Whenever anyone passes, it is to our creator that he meets. And a man is defined by what he becomes, not what name he calls God. And a man whom so many millions around the world love, admire and look up to, surely he has earned God's pleasure...

Rest in Peace Steve and yes, to God we all belong and to him we return... :)

I am muslim. It doesn't matter, be he buddhist or muslim or whatever... Whenever anyone passes, it is to our creator that he meets. And a man is defined by what he becomes, not what name he calls God. And a man whom so many millions around the world love, admire and look up to, surely he has earned God's pleasure...

Rest in Peace Steve and yes, to God we all belong and to him we return... :)

Alhamdulillah-hillathee ah-yana ba'da ma ama tana wa ilayhi nushoor.

Way too early, a great loss for the world. Rip.

And maybe it would be nice if some religious people would refrain from pushing their particular beliefs on him.

I feel a little bit pissed that they don´t close the rest of the site, not even for a single day. Quite disrepectful to me..
Such nonsense, he would never have wanted that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom