RIP Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Steve. It's never a good thing to see someone who still should have much life left in them die so early.

“The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come. For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.” - Bill Gates

While I've always been a staunch PC guy, the products that Apple has recently shipped out (especially the Ipads), have made me for the first time considering getting an Apple. Steve was truly a innovator, and is responsible for the implementation of world changing technologies.

Fair well, Mr. Jobs

Steve Jobs would have probably come back to haunt them for doing so. He was never one to stop, or even slow down, for a day.
He wouldn't have wanted the company to, either. It was enough that a memorial was on the homepage.
Guess you´re right, Peggy. But..erm..feels strange to me. But this is just me.

I so have to bite my tongue when reading this thread. I will say RIP Steve and my thoughts are with those you left behind. I lost my dearly beloved Mum 4 years ago to cancer.

My hats off to all the staff in Apple that produced the innovative things that we get to play with now and for improving on existing product (ie smartphone) and making it great. Apple is and never was one man.

I feel a little bit pissed that they don´t close the rest of the site, not even for a single day. Quite disrepectful to me..
I really don't agree with this. As earlier stated, Steve's heart and soul was Apple, and I don't think he would have wanted it closed down, even for a day.

I don't think Microsoft should close for a day when Bill Gates dies. I don't think this country should shut down for a day when the next former president dies. Yes, it's always sad when someone passes on, especially someone who has had a big effect upon the world, but at the same time, life must go on.

And so Apple must go on without Steve. And I think they will be fine.

One of my favorites...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not just yours. ;)

My deepest condolences go out to his family, friends and all the people at Apple who had the luck to work with him. :)
R.I.P. Steve. (He'll watch us from iCloud now. ^^)

One of my favorites...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I was going to post this myself. You wonder who might have been in that audience listening to those inspirational words.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.They somehow already know what you truly want to become.Everything else is secondary"

I felt this applied to Kier:
kier.steve.jobs.webp

:)

We have lost one of the most visionary individuals our generation has ever seen. RIP Mr. Jobs

Absolutely correct, it wasn't. He was only the creative genius behind it.
Peggy, he was one of the creative geniuses behind Apples recent successes, not the only one. While he may have been the face to the company there are a lot of creative people at Apple who as a team were responsible for their product line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom