XF 2.0 Restricting Access to Conversations

Ark Royal

I know I can restrict access to user Conversations by using group permissions but can I setup access to those members who have post X messages in the last Y days, rather than just posted X messages in all time?

Thanks for the input @Martok

I think it would be a useful addition to a lot of forums. We always have a problem with a lot of posts being mad in conversations that 'should' be made on the forum.

Thanks for the input @Martok

I think it would be a useful addition to a lot of forums. We always have a problem with a lot of posts being mad in conversations that 'should' be made on the forum.
Personally I'm not sure how much use this sort of permission would be in relation to conversations - having members who previously could access conversations suddenly not being able to access them as they've been away for a period of time, then to regain that permission after a while and then to lose it again if they are away again for a bit. Also once you have conversations created (because you have had the permissions to access them at some point) then you would simply be able to use the existing conversations to message other people - the permissions that restrict conversations are for starting conversations and receiving new conversations, not for using existing conversations. Finally the problem of posts in conversations being ones that should go on a forum wouldn't be resolved by this; it'd only really be resolved by educating members about what conversations are used for and/or restricting conversation use for some (or even all) members for a period of time/indefinitely, I don't think the restriction you are suggesting would really help and would likely penalise 'good' members who don't misuse them but also don't post a great deal either.

Top Bottom