Restart the import from scratch?

CTXMedia

After a glitch in the initial import (which Mike kindly fixed) I'm now in a situation where I cannot fully build the search cache. It goes well until around 630,000 posts then stalls - it also inherits an odd "524" number at the end of the total at around 300,000 posts.

I'm wondering if my post table is corrupted and whether I should just cut my losses and start again from scratch or whether there is something I can do to "fix" it?

On one hand I want to get finished ASAP - I started this on Saturday night - but on the other I don't want to start out on the XF platform with a glitch in the database that we'll carry on fighting with for years to come. I'd rather do a new (clean) install if that is what is needed.

Any advice welcome with regard to checking the tables etc. and I've submitted a ticket in the hope Mike or Kier can advise as they get chance.

It's just that time isn't on my side as I only have the remainder of today and tomorrow to get it all done ... :eek: (and a good chunk of this afternoon is set aside for some personal stuff that cannot be put off)

Thanks,
Shaun :D

If you're having issues building the search index, do:

ALTER TABLE xf_search_index DISABLE KEYS;

Build it to completion, then:

ALTER TABLE xf_search_index ENABLE KEYS;

That second query will take a while to run.

Top Bottom