1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restart the import from scratch?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by CyclingTribe, Nov 21, 2011.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

After a glitch in the initial import (which Mike kindly fixed) I'm now in a situation where I cannot fully build the search cache. It goes well until around 630,000 posts then stalls - it also inherits an odd "524" number at the end of the total at around 300,000 posts.

I'm wondering if my post table is corrupted and whether I should just cut my losses and start again from scratch or whether there is something I can do to "fix" it?

On one hand I want to get finished ASAP - I started this on Saturday night - but on the other I don't want to start out on the XF platform with a glitch in the database that we'll carry on fighting with for years to come. I'd rather do a new (clean) install if that is what is needed.

Any advice welcome with regard to checking the tables etc. and I've submitted a ticket in the hope Mike or Kier can advise as they get chance.

It's just that time isn't on my side as I only have the remainder of today and tomorrow to get it all done ... :eek: (and a good chunk of this afternoon is set aside for some personal stuff that cannot be put off)

Thanks,
    Shaun :D

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you're having issues building the search index, do:

ALTER TABLE xf_search_index DISABLE KEYS;

Build it to completion, then:

ALTER TABLE xf_search_index ENABLE KEYS;

That second query will take a while to run.

3. CyclingTribe

Okay, thanks Mike - I'll give that a go :)

4. CyclingTribe

That seems to have done the trick - up to 900,000 and going strong .... phew!!! :eek:

5. CyclingTribe

Took a while to "enable" but yes, fixed it, thanks Mike :)

Mike likes this.