Responsive Design for XenForo 1.1 [Paid] [Deleted]

This is strange. Template modifications for some add-ons (including user albums) are missing in latest version for some reason.

Arty updated Responsive Design with a new update entry:

Support for add-ons

Version 1.0.3 is now avialable.

For some reason previous versions (1.0.1 and 1.0.2) were missing templates for several add-ons, this version adds back support for those add-ons:
  • xenAtendo
  • XenKingDir
  • User Albums
Also support for "XenFacil's Footer Pie" add-on has been added.

Only addon.xml was changed. To update add-on go to admin control panel -> add-ons, select "upgrade" from menu and upload addon.xml

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Arty,

1. I think upload dialog is not responsive, could you please check it?
2. My breadcrumb is wrapped, but it isn't on 1 line (my site language is Vietnamese). Could you please help me fix this?

ảnh.webp

Thank you.

Wow, just what I was wondering... if xF would have a responsive design in its future, but it looks like someone made a good addition!

Can I install this without the TMS? I'm still new to xF, but with my current forum software there are usually/sometimes instructions included on editing the templates.

Does the markup still validate the same as the default? Or at least lets say... fallow Google guidelines? Forgive, I'm not a professional web designer or anything similar.

... on that note:

http://www.responsinator.com/
Responsiator.com is an interesting site that helps webmasters indicate what their responsive design will look like on devices. Just thought I would share, because I personally do not have a smartphone or tablet (just a cheap pre-paid flip phone :D). I suppose one could also just re-size their browser window.

Breadcrumbs: those are different for each style, so add-on doesn't change its layout. You can reduce width by editing style properties in "responsive design: breadcrumb" group.

TMS: it is required. Add-on modifies templates that do not have template hooks. There are several solutions for that, best one is to modify templates before they are compiled. TMS already does that, it is used by many other add-ons, creating custom code that would do similar thing would cause conflict with TMS, so that's why TMS is required.

Validation: yes, it validates. Only hacks required for old IE don't validate, but old IE doesn't support media queries, so its irrelevant.

Breadcrumbs: those are different for each style, so add-on doesn't change its layout. You can reduce width by editing style properties in "responsive design: breadcrumb" group.

Thanks!
And could you also check Upload Dialog? It isn't responsive.

I'm ready to buy, but my main concern is if my members are able to choose pictures from their mobile devices and upload to the forum? My forum is based off shoes. And a lot of my members will like to easily post pictures of their shoes instantly via mobile device. Before I buy this add-on, is this possible with ease?

I'm ready to buy, but my main concern is if my members are able to choose pictures from their mobile devices and upload to the forum? My forum is based off shoes. And a lot of my members will like to easily post pictures of their shoes instantly via mobile device. Before I buy this add-on, is this possible with ease?

I had never attempted it, and just tried with my Samsung S3. It adds it, for some reason on mine, it rotated it. Might be the way I took the photo though.

On the Android OS, it gave me the option for grabbing the image like any other time, files, gallery, etc... select to add as a thumb or full image.

The full editor will show up if you use Chrome and use the Request Desktop from the browser.
The width of the editor is not responsive.

I had never attempted it, and just tried with my Samsung S3. It adds it, for some reason on mine, it rotated it. Might be the way I took the photo though.

On the Android OS, it gave me the option for grabbing the image like any other time, files, gallery, etc... select to add as a thumb or full image.

So it worked well with your Samsung S3? I need feedback from other android users and/or iphones users.

So it worked well with your Samsung S3? I need feedback from other android users and/or iphones users.
iPhone didn't support uploads till recently, and the upload method of XF doesn't work on iOS.

Android supports uploading however, so it should be fine.

iPhone didn't support uploads till recently, and the upload method of XF doesn't work on iOS.

Android supports uploading however, so it should be fine.

Well that sucks, and the only alternative i have is to allow my members to use Tapatalk? -__-

Top Bottom