Responsive ads revenue

tommydamic68

I may go back to the good "old fashion" ads. I truly believe I have lost revs on the responsive ads. Responsive seems like an ever lasting battle to make something viewable on a small device working around the answer that is already here - Tapatalk...Sorry, just the way I see it. :cool:

I may go back to the good "old fashion" ads. I truly believe I have lost revs on the responsive ads. Responsive seems like an ever lasting battle to make something viewable on a small device working around the answer that is already here - Tapatalk...Sorry, just the way I see it. :cool:
Tapatalk the answer?! Ha! Tapatalk can't even display some of the basic formatting of the forums, never mind content from any of the add-ons, plus it bypasses the registration options in Xenforo as well as it being full of bugs. Not to mention that they take a chunk of the advertising revenue too, you don't get it directly from Viglink as they originally offered it. Good luck with that one, as well as getting your "old fashioned" ads to display correctly on mobiles and tablets without using responsive.

Tapatalk the answer?! Ha! Tapatalk can't even display some of the basic formatting of the forums, never mind content from any of the add-ons, plus it bypasses the registration options in Xenforo as well as it being full of bugs. Not to mention that they take a chunk of the advertising revenue too, you don't get it directly from Viglink as they originally offered it. Good luck with that one, as well as getting your "old fashioned" ads to display correctly on mobiles and tablets without using responsive.

1. Never had an issue with Tapatalk registration. My users absolutely love it, even after offering responsive. (have used Tapatalk since 2009 with no registration issues, Vbulletin or Xenforo.) never had a member report a bug issue.

2. I have Vigilink turned off, (Option in Tapatalk settings) Tapatalk is making no revenue from my site…

3. My "old fashion" ads may not display 100% correctly - but is it the money or appeal your seeking @Martok?

Adsense stats since change to responsive - It's 10 o'clock do you know were your adsense revenue is? :p

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 5.37.00 AM.webp

Last edited:
@tommydamic68 now that you are not using responsive ads (either that or you've set something up incorrectly), you are now breaking the terms of service of Adsense with your current ad setup. When using a browser width between 817 - 1005px, you are partly or fully obscuring the login button.

upload_2014-2-19_12-32-16.webp

Last edited:
@tommydamic68 now that you are not using responsive ads (either that or you've set something up incorrectly), you are now breaking the terms of service of Adsense with your current ad setup. When using a browser width between 817 - 1005px, you are partly or fully obscuring the login button.

View attachment 67650
Thanks @Martok - it was sort of early , not thoroughly awake when I threw the old code in the ad template - probably missed a piece of code. Will fix later.

View attachment 67650
@Martok - What browser are you using to create that screen shot? Have you cleared your cache since the last visit to my site?

Using Chrome and Firefox and caches have been cleared.

Currently I'm being served larger text ads and smaller picture ads:

upload_2014-2-19_14-1-13.webp

upload_2014-2-19_14-1-38.webp

As you can see, in both cases, the ads overlap the login button.

The smaller picture ads are appearing even for wider width screens.

In the case of the smaller ads at narrower widths, you should left justify these rather than centre them as this is what is causing the problem.

He doesn't want to, hence why I split these posts off from the Responsive AdSense thread.

That's expected to loss your revenue if you always change/create a new adsense code.
Newly generated adsense code, will not show an ads instantly.

Last edited:
3 days is not enough time to judge responsive adSense. It took me about a month to make it steady after changing to responsive.

My adsense revenue actually increased. Pretty significantly at first then it tapered back down to above average.. Plus my site looks a lot better and i don't have to mess with somewhat confusing responsive ad codes.

View attachment 67650

Using Chrome and Firefox and caches have been cleared.

Currently I'm being served larger text ads and smaller picture ads:

View attachment 67656

View attachment 67657

As you can see, in both cases, the ads overlap the login button.

The smaller picture ads are appearing even for wider width screens.

In the case of the smaller ads at narrower widths, you should left justify these rather than centre them as this is what is causing the problem.

And does yours as well…
Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 7.42.16 PM.webp

It still happens on desktop PCs, even when using "smart sizing".

My site is using the latest AdSense beta code.

View attachment 67650

It still happens on desktop PCs, even when using "smart sizing".

My site is using the latest AdSense beta code.

So then there is nothing you can do here it seems, with that being said - does it break the Google adsense TOS as @Martok stated?

Top Bottom