Responsive ads revenue

Sorry to bump an old thread but am dealing with working with ad networks and a new responsive design.

I understand the idea of having certain ads load based on the width the site is viewed but what can be done in a situation where four ad networks are chained? For example, I run Burst>Pulse Point> Conversant>Adsense. It would work fine for any 300x250 ads I'm running but not for leaderboards as the default is always size-specific.

Are there any solutions out there I'm missing? Thanks.

I may go back to the good "old fashion" ads. I truly believe I have lost revs on the responsive ads. Responsive seems like an ever lasting battle to make something viewable on a small device working around the answer that is already here - Tapatalk...Sorry, just the way I see it. :cool:

The advent of mobile has hurt ad revenue, in my experience, and none of the solutions so far advanced worked for me. I agree that "responsive ads" added little to nothing to curb the downward trend in revenue.

Tapatalk? A huge disappointment, so far as ad integration is concerned.

There is an add-on which forces mobile devices to switch to a different style:
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/mobile-style-selector.1190/

This allowed me to keep the same leaderboards for larger-format viewing but switch to 300x250 for mobile.
Like @Brogan said above... you use media queries to do this with your default style, using the responsive adsense code. Your responsive adsense code has a class for that ad. You then just change it based on screen / browser width per media query in your css.

People can get upset about javascripts failure to resize without page load, however; the simplest way for mobile phones is to make your ad size to suit the portrait width and not resize until tablet portrait width. Tablets are much easier to run bigger adsense that fit both portrait and landscape, without need to resize.

Argh... Adroll... yer, I've looked at those options, but they just don't cut if for me. I have better control over my ad display inserting and controlling things myself.

What I find the most frustrating about (S)adsense is that I am not able to just show a simple ad unit to mobile users but hide the same ad unit for desktop users.

Unless I am not understanding it fully :) Help?

Display: none isn't usually valid as it will request an ad but won't display it - robbing the advertiser of an impression (although I suppose this depends on how you implement it).

For some reason I can manage to hide a unit for smaller size screens but the opposite (hiding it for larger screens) is still a nightmare.

Top Bottom