Responsive ads revenue

Can you take a screenshot?
Did you reload the page after you re-size the browser width?
i don't think you even need to resize, just drag the window left or right does the same effect, the screenshot would not show anything to compare to as i said you do not have the login area or any element to the right to measure the results properly. yes - i cleared the cache as well.

And does yours as well…
View attachment 67698
Mine only does that when you resize the browser and don't refresh the screen - that is expected behaviour. Refresh the screen and you'll see that the ad changes to the smaller size. Therefore it doesn't break Google's TOS.

Resize but no refresh:

upload_2014-2-20_8-8-33.webp

After refresh:

upload_2014-2-20_8-9-11.webp

Your site, on the other hand, doesn't do this between the browser sizes I mentioned previously.

Before refresh:

upload_2014-2-20_8-10-26.webp

After refresh:

upload_2014-2-20_8-11-28.webp

In my case, I've used responsive adsense and adjusted the settings so that at the width the larger banner would start to obscure the login button, it switches to the smaller banner ad. You need to change the code for your ads so that the smaller banner kicks in sooner, as you are definitely breaking Google's TOS.

Mine only does that when you resize the browser and don't refresh the screen - that is expected behaviour. Refresh the screen and you'll see that the ad changes to the smaller size. Therefore it doesn't break Google's TOS.

Resize but no refresh:

View attachment 67706

After refresh:

View attachment 67707

Your site, on the other hand, doesn't do this between the browser sizes I mentioned previously.

Before refresh:

View attachment 67708

After refresh:

View attachment 67709

In my case, I've used responsive adsense and adjusted the settings so that at the width the larger banner would start to obscure the login button, it switches to the smaller banner ad. You need to change the code for your ads so that the smaller banner kicks in sooner, as you are definitely breaking Google's TOS.
Ok - I think I have it. I had to change @media(min-width: 800px) to @media(min-width: 1025px) what is yours set to @Martok? Also FYI- your ads on iPhone 5 vertical run off to the side and the footer ad needs adjustment - centered, only in vertical position from what I can see.:)

i fixed mine that ran off the side with changing this:

.forum-home-top { width: 320px; height: 50px; to this .forum-home-top { width: 300px; height: 50px;

Code:
.forum-home-top { width: 300px; height: 50px;
}
@media(min-width: 500px) { .forum-home-top { width: 468px; height: 60px; }
}
@media(min-width: 1025px) { .forum-home-top { width: 728px; height: 90px; }
}

photo 1.webp

photo 2.webp

Last edited:
My settings for ad_above_top_breadcrumb are:

Code:
.responsive-header { width: 320px; height: 50px; }
@media(min-width: 500px) { .responsive-header { width: 468px; height: 60px; } }
@media(min-width: 1230px) { .responsive-header { width: 728px; height: 90px; } }

Note that my site has 'borders' on some narrower widths when yours doesn't. You'll have to adjust your biggest min-width accordingly.

I've not changed the 320px sizing as this was the default smallest size of ad. Also you are not allowed to change the sizing yourself as you have done as you are violating Google's TOS.

My footer ad is in the ad_below_content template and is designed to align with the forums, not go right across the forums plus sidebar. It therefore matches the alignment of the ad in ad_above_top_breadcrumb.

What screen resolution are you using on your iPhone 5?! It's supposed to be 640 x 1136! Even the basic iPhone has a screen resolution of 320, which should be fine for the smallest ad size.

What screen resolution are you using on your iPhone 5?! It's supposed to be 640 x 1136! Even the basic iPhone has a screen resolution of 320, which should be fine for the smallest ad size.
As I understand it, the iPhone 5 has double the ppi compared to the original iPhone but the retina screen still registers as a 320px viewport.

As I understand it, the iPhone 5 has double the ppi compared to the original iPhone but the retina screen still registers as a 320px viewport.
Blimey! I'd have thought they'd have sorted that and displayed at a higher resolution. Even my old HTC Desire is displaying sites at 480 x 800 resolution.

My settings for ad_above_top_breadcrumb are:

Code:
.responsive-header { width: 320px; height: 50px; }
@media(min-width: 500px) { .responsive-header { width: 468px; height: 60px; } }
@media(min-width: 1230px) { .responsive-header { width: 728px; height: 90px; } }

Note that my site has 'borders' on some narrower widths when yours doesn't. You'll have to adjust your biggest min-width accordingly.

I've not changed the 320px sizing as this was the default smallest size of ad. Also you are not allowed to change the sizing yourself as you have done as you are violating Google's TOS.

My footer ad is in the ad_below_content template and is designed to align with the forums, not go right across the forums plus sidebar. It therefore matches the alignment of the ad in ad_above_top_breadcrumb.

I find it hard to believe that there is no work around to the ads looking professional and out of alignment in responsive mode. @Brogan has it similar to my home page and it fits right vertical mode.

Not sure about screen size on my iPhone 5- just default- not sure why anyone would want to change it or if you even can...

Blimey! I'd have thought they'd have sorted that and displayed at a higher resolution. Even my old HTC Desire is displaying sites at 480 x 800 resolution.

Either way your ads are offline on the iPhone 4 as well- I have both phones. :D

I find it hard to believe that there is no work around to the ads looking professional and out of alignment in responsive mode. @Brogan has it similar to my home page and it fits right vertical mode.

Not sure about screen size on my iPhone 5- just default- not sure why anyone would want to change it or if you even can...
I'm not sure what you mean about 'out of alignment'? Mine look fine except when you get down to 320px when the ads stick out a bit to the side. Just like @Brogan, I don't give a stuff for anyone using a crappy screen resolution like this. ;)

Above this size they work just fine. I did it properly based on the available widths for my site and adjusted the code accordingly.

No one can give you the codes for your site. Each site is different and you'll have to do it yourself. As I said previously, I have side margins on my site when yours disappear so my sizing is different. You'll simply have to work it out yourself using the built-in console in some browsers (Chrome, Firefox) or installing a useful browser extension like Web Developer (Chrome, Firefox) which has a handy screen resize feature built-in, allowing you to easily adjust your browser to different sizes. Though do pay attention to the Viewport sizing, as this takes into account what you can actually see in the browser rather than the total browser window size itself.

I'm not sure what you mean about 'out of alignment'? Mine look fine except when you get down to 320px when the ads stick out a bit to the side. Just like @Brogan, I don't give a stuff for anyone using a crappy screen resolution like this. ;)

Above this size they work just fine. I did it properly based on the available widths for my site and adjusted the code accordingly.

No one can give you the codes for your site. Each site is different and you'll have to do it yourself. As I said previously, I have side margins on my site when yours disappear so my sizing is different. You'll simply have to work it out yourself using the built-in console in some browsers (Chrome, Firefox) or installing a useful browser extension like Web Developer (Chrome, Firefox) which has a handy screen resize feature built-in, allowing you to easily adjust your browser to different sizes. Though do pay attention to the Viewport sizing, as this takes into account what you can actually see in the browser rather than the total browser window size itself.
@Martok - from my dealings with you here on X- you are very particular. I find it odd for you to let this one go "as is." But, people do change. :whistle:

I have just checked my site on an old HTC Wildifre which is 320px x 480px and there is no scrolling or breakout.

Top Bottom