As designed Resources - No version number when "Does Not Have A File"

Gary

Affected version
In Resources, if you choose "Does not have a file", then the version number does not show, even if you enter one. For me, the version number is still important because I want my members to know what version of the file they are downloading. Also, it allows me to keep the history and post changelogs. The reason for choosing "Does not have a file" is that I link to my file downloads in the description instead of having one file. I do this because I host multiple version of the file at different mirrors, due to file sizes (many 1GB-5GB+), so that way it doesn't eat up all of my sites bandwidth. I don't need to specify a main file download location specified. The guest can choose whichever one is running faster at the time. Otherwise it affects the download count since they may still be downloading it, but just from a site other than the main one.
The only other option I can see for this is to allow for multiple download link buttons. Thanks!

Thanks! My search terms didn’t work very well apparently. Well, I think that if you choose No File, then it should either post the version number or not give you the option to enter it. I would rather see it have the option to enter it for my example in the main post. It seems like it would be a very easy implementation. Also, if someone didn’t want to list a version number then they could just leave it blank. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Top Bottom