Not a bug When Reassigning Resource, XMRM Member stat - Most Resources widget does not update count

bzcomputers

Affected version
When reassigning resource to another user the Member stat - Most Resources widget does not update to show the new resource count for users involved. Rebuilding user cache and resource cache have no impact either. Not sure if this affects any other widgets too.

The count does show correctly in the xf_user table.

Issue can also be seen @ /members/?key=xfrm_most_resources

Capture.webp

Last edited:
I would like to report that this has fixed itself.

It took days and not until I actually did an import of a vB4 site did I notice that this is now showing correctly. I am assuming it was either a cron job that wasn't getting enough site activity to run on the test site, or some rebuilding during the import fixed it.

I will test again today on a live site and report back on whether this can be closed.

....after further testing

Something still seems strange here. I moved another resource and it sat there with the un-updated resource counts for hours (with activity on the site). I manually ran the single Resource Manager cron "XFRM: Update View Counter", there was no change. Then I manually ran the "Update Member stats" cron, rechecked at it was showing the correct count. I thought that was it but I needed to check again...

I was not able to repeat. I moved another resource, ran "XFRM: Update view counters" cron - no change, ran "Update members stats" cron - no change, ran "Update view counters" cron - no change. It's been well over an hour and it is still showing the wrong count even though the database numbers are correct.

Last edited:
This is not something I can reproduce. The cache setting within the Member stats > Most resources entry is adhered to. It doesn't matter how many times you run the cron, the value won't update until the cron entry runs for the first time after the cache has expired. If the cache time is 60 minutes (which it is by default) and the "Rebuild member stats cache" cron is running every 10 minutes (which it is by default) then at maximum the member stats will be cached for 70 minutes.

Top Bottom