******* Resource Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing any files from the server after uninstalling the add-ons should suffice.
You can check which files were uploaded by checking the backups of the resource .zips you have.

If you're concerned about any other files being modified, uploading a fresh set of XF files will resolve that.

Removing any files from the server after uninstalling the add-ons should suffice.

I would not recommend removing the "/library/*******/*******Helper" folder!

There are several hidden and uncategorized EventListeners that got created after you've installed any ******* add-on. Those listeners are still active, even if you uninstall every single ******* add-on you have at your server, because they are not assigned to any add-on.

Removing the above folder leaves those listeners without their files, resulting in a breakdown of your whole XenForo board. You won't even be able to access the admin panel!

You need to activate development mode first, check all event listeners at your board if they include *******Helper and remove all of them manually. Only after this has been done, you can remove the ******* files.

I am using a ******* theme and several ******* plugins on one of my forums, but only one plugin on the other forum, and I have been pleased with their products and their support. Their stuff is regularly updated while I have to wade through a lot of stuff that hasn't been touched in years when I am trying to find something in the resource manager and, for many of the plugins available from *******, there doesn't seem to be a satisfactory alternative. I'll have to think about what I am going to do. Probably, I'll leave things as they are for now, and reconsider once my expiration dates near. I don't know if I'll be buying anything new from *******, not because of the concerns expressed here but because I don't know if they are going to be able to stay in business in exile from Xenforo.

I have to wade through a lot of stuff that hasn't been touched in years when I am trying to find something in the resource manager

You are aware that this isn't a bad thing per se, aren't you?
I know many add-ons which work well, have no bugs and did not need any update for years.

On the other hand, I do not know even one ******* coded add-on which does not have several bugs, sometimes getting fixed after the seventh or so update.

This is no "quality" sign at all!

Also not being able to uninstall all add-ons without the help of an expert is no quality sign at all.

After admitting to own a warez site and distributing pirated add-ons he still seems to be a regular licensed user of XenForo. Just saying that surprises me.
Although I do not understand why any successful coder would do what he did, after reading that he apologized and did everything to undo his past mistakes, I find it strange that at this point XF would not forgive him and provide a second chance. He's obviously an important asset tot the Resources and a great loss for many of us, and for XF in general as well. I've read people simply decided not to buy XF because he is gone.

BTW does anyone know if his add-ons are still available, kept up to date and safe to use? I really needed the reputation add-on :(

Last edited:
Your bullying is absolutely wrong! Before no one knew of the events, he and his still Super addons was and now he is absolutely bad. Her since like the German News. I think it is enough and you should finish the theme!

Although I do not understand why any successful coder would do what he did, after reading that he apologized and did everything to undo his past mistakes, I find it strange that at this point XF would not forgive him and provide a second chance.

BTW does anyone know if his add-ons are still available, kept up to date and safe to use? I really needed the reputation add-on :(

My guess these would be the same people that were getting pirated versions of XF from his site.

IMO XF did the right thing by removing his mods.

Well i have always been mad on getting lots of add ons installed, but I was told by a coder a long time back never to use ******* add ons, so I didn't.
So glad I listened for once...

I have also buyed addons from them.
I would like to know how dangerous it is to leave them installed.
After this thread i realise that we can't trust everybody who develops addons. When you buy an app in the appstore you know it is tested. On xenforo you never know if it's not from xenforo itself.
Some kind of control would be great. What if developers addons first be checked by xenforo? It is not neccesary but if they can they get some kind of label. And the customers know who we can trust or not...

It has been asked and answered many times - it's not possible for various reasons.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-add-on-certification.93365/
Ok I understand but it gives no satisfaction to the customers i'm afraid.
Maybe more original addons from xenforo itself would be a neat idea but it will be the same time issue i guess.
Now you can buy an addon from someone and it can destroy your forum. If your not a coder, even after installing how can we know it's not harming our sites...
Trust is everything in business. I'ts because i trust the guys on xenforo i use their software.

If your not a coder, even after installing how can we know it's not harming our sites...
Read reviews. Read the add-on discussion threads. Make an informed judgement based on this. That's what I do, and I know which authors I would happily install add-ons from and which ones I'd avoid.

Read reviews. Read the add-on discussion threads. Make an informed judgement based on this. That's what I do, and I know which authors I would happily install add-ons from and which ones I'd avoid.
Sorry but i did that with ******* also.
I never heard a bad word from them.

Sorry but i did that with ******* also.
I never heard a bad word from them.
Well I did that and decided not to install any of the ******* add-ons.

Anyway, that's your only option, the XenForo team are too small to check all third party add-ons or create lots of their own.

While I'd love to remove all his products to stay on the "better safe than sorry" side , his addons are honestly crucial for my community right now.

I use
Modern Statistics
Credits Premium
Node List Sidebar Render
Control Group Membership

I have hired him 2 - 3 times for custom dev work and was pleased with his pricing and support.

He still has plenty of addons I would love to purchase but now I'm a little more hesitant.
I think he knows if he ever tried something malicious it would only be shooting himself in the foot (like he kind of already did with the warez incident).

I would not recommend removing the "/library/*******/*******Helper" folder!

There are several hidden and uncategorized EventListeners that got created after you've installed any ******* add-on. Those listeners are still active, even if you uninstall every single ******* add-on you have at your server, because they are not assigned to any add-on.

Removing the above folder leaves those listeners without their files, resulting in a breakdown of your whole XenForo board. You won't even be able to access the admin panel!

You need to activate development mode first, check all event listeners at your board if they include *******Helper and remove all of them manually. Only after this has been done, you can remove the ******* files.

So ******* plugins are security issue and not recomended to install it?

Anyone confirm this?

There is no evidence that *******'s add-ons have any backdoors.

No developer has come forward showing us proof that *******'s add-on have any backdoors.

Xenforo has not stated that *******'s add-ons have any backdoors.

Xenforo has also said we are free to purchase *******'s add-ons from his site .

He was removed from xenforo for owning a website that was distrubuting pirated copies of the xenforo script.

Not because there was backdoors in his add-ons.

I am still buying his add-ons because i like them and there are no alternatives and xenforo hasn't told me i'm not allowed.

Until someone comes forward with evidence it is all rumors

*******'s add-ons are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom