******* Resource Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Epi eah , its really bad , we bought 3 addons most expensive ones , and now fighting to get refund , its been 4rth day they didnt replayed

Yeah I got lucky that he still tried to keep his reputation up and his resources didn't get banned yet. His reputation is ruined now so nothing is preventing him from keeping the money. I guess in time he will end his operations only to start with a new scheme.

Sad to see, we have 6 ******* add-ons that we had to have from our migration from vBulletin to XenForo to keep everyone happy and things running smoothly for our purposes. I appreciate the public notice so that we can evaluate where to go from here.

Last edited:
I use a lot of ******* add-ons. I have to say some are pretty good. Maybe in the future, he might get a second chance, but as of now probably not. Its always sad to see a add-on developer leave (or in this case removed) from XenForo.

Maybe in the future, he might get a second chance
I doubt it.

One more thing we could not deny that we are owner of ******. We do know that it’s totally wrong but we desired to have a community in Vietnam. By this action, we shared the null versions of many add-ons and resources. This was unacceptable. We did know it and we should close it for a long time. But I guess it’s too late now.

https://*******.com/threads/*******s-official-apology-and-notice.1386/

It surprises me that so many are prepared to overlook such actions.

All those of you who are comfortable being associated with piracy (i.e. registering on such sites, etc.) I hope you're using different email addresses and passwords to those you use elsewhere. It's not unusual for such sites to farm those for nefarious purposes and we are aware of several instances where accounts have been compromised as a result.

Supporting something like this is a slap in the face of the other developers here that work hard to provide great add on with great service, just that alone should be enough not to support him at all.

All those of you who are comfortable being associated with piracy (i.e. registering on such sites, etc.) I hope you're using different email addresses and passwords to those you use elsewhere. It's not unusual for such sites to farm those for nefarious purposes and we are aware of several instances where accounts have been compromised as a result.
Um it seems that warning could be said of anyone with an account on his site. Not just those still supporting him since the beginning of this debacle.

It surprises me that so many are prepared to overlook such actions.

After admitting to own a warez site and distributing pirated add-ons he still seems to be a regular licensed user of XenForo. Just saying that surprises me.

Not sure if this can be confirmed or denied, but despite running a large warez site for pirated plugins (and Xenforo itself?), how come he's still allowed to run xenforo on his site?
I guess if it's in Vietnam, having it taken down, would be nothing short of a nightmare.

Basically he had so many callbacks in his mods who knows what else was compromised. Hopefully some sanity is going on in this guys head over there. Removed the "******* - Metadata Unlimited" add-on... good thing it was disabled but I'm not taking any chances. Thanks for the heads up. No one should have to deal with this nonsense.

Don't really fully support him, just don't want him to skip town with all the money I paid for his add-ons. I won't forgive the Piracy though, I can assure that. Once my licensing expires with *******, I'm going to look for other alternatives.

I guess if it's in Vietnam, having it taken down, would be nothing short of a nightmare.
No, not really. All you need is get your neighbors suspicious and you'll be in court next day. Something like this happened in the early 2014. File host owner was arrested.

I have paid for custom addons from ******* about 2 - 3 times and he has been great for the price. Couldn't have transferred certain vbulletin forum features to xenforo without him. I was aware of the installation hooks and callbacks. I never once got the sense of anything malicious. For the price of the licenses, @******* would be a fool to lose all those happy customers to something so silly.

I, for one, will continue using these ******* add ons as they do EXACTLY what I needed.

Right now I am guessing the biggest barrier between @XenForo & Briv is English. ******* needs to become 100% transparent to regain peoples trust; hire someone who can relay English messages properly and give the brand the proper front it deserves.!

Hopefully he gets another chance and we can see a proper partnership again.

Regardless of all the shady website activity, I think he got caught with his pants down on whatever content he stole.. Maybe he was in the process of grabbing a new license.. I know I waited a while to buy the branding free license even though I removed it before paying it.. He was probably looking to increase traffic / earnings and bought a website he shouldn't have.

Sometimes pirate / nulled related websites can be an indirect source of promotion. People get a taste of xenforo or add ons and decide to buy it. Usually the people who have the money are going to whip out the money if they value something enough. ******* was VERY dumb in getting involved at all when he had something SO lucrative and useful to hundreds / thousands of potential buyers.

Last edited:
Right now I am guessing the biggest barrier between @XenForo & Briv is English.
Perhaps you missed this post?
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/*******-resource-removal.92263/page-7#post-898671

The issue was nothing to do with any language barrier but everything to do with running a pirate site for several years.

Hopefully he gets another chance and we can see a proper partnership again.
Never going to happen and there never was any partnership between XenForo and that person.

Perhaps you missed this post?
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/*******-resource-removal.92263/page-7#post-898671

The issue was nothing to do with any language barrier but everything to do with running a pirate site for several years.

Never going to happen.

I guess I did miss the part about him running it for years. It was dumb, but I can understand entirely if he bought it / took it over in the last month or 2.

I don't know what he was thinking.. I just can't understand who would ruin something so good.. I have to imagine someone else was involved, the business decision was weak in that nulled site.

I guess I did miss the part about him running it for years. It was dumb, but I can understand entirely if he bought it / took it over in the last month or 2.

I don't know what he was thinking.. I just can't understand who would ruin something so good.. I have to imagine someone else was involved, the business decision was weak in that nulled site.

From his statement I think his whole "we just recently purchased it" was a cover up:

One more thing we could not deny that we are owner of ******. We do know that it’s totally wrong but we desired to have a community in Vietnam. By this action, we shared the null versions of many add-ons and resources. This was unacceptable. We did know it and we should close it for a long time. But I guess it’s too late now.

Hi

I had ******* addons installed in the past. As far as I remember, I deinstalled them already months ago because I did not need them anymore.

But how can I check now, whether there is still ******* code / callbacks etc. installed on my server in my database? I would like to habe a 100% malware/spy free Xenforo installation..

Thanks in advance

P.S.: is there a list of all addons he offered here to check this more easily in my ACP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom