1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Manager ETA?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by electrogypsy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. electrogypsy

electrogypsy Active Member

Just wondering when this is coming out? I'm very interested in buying it when it's ready, but I can't find much information about it besides random threads. Thanks!

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

No official word on it being released that I've seen. They expect to have XF 1.2 to be released sometime in Q2, some have speculated the RM will get released with it, but again it's speculation :).

However... there's limited bug reports for some time which is good.:

http://xenforo.com/community/forums/enhanced-search-bug-reports.57/

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yeah lots of people are interested in the RM. There is no official ETA right now. But there will be an announcement soon.

erich37, Craigr, Dinh Thanh and 2 others like this.
  4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Lot of people I have talked to are waiting for RM to buy, independent of when XF 1.2 is released.

5. electrogypsy

electrogypsy Active Member

ok, thanks everyone! is there a thread i can watch for future announcements about it?

6. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

+1

8. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

That includes me as well... :)

But in all probability I expect 1.2 (at least a BETA) and RM in to be released June.

9. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I think RM will bring forum to the next level since it is a very flexible tools that many owners can make it what they like.
    XF 1.2 is just incremental upgrade to already working platform so in a lot of sense, RM is more important to me personally.

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  10. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I agree. We are eagerly awaiting the RM to convert my main Oracle forum which has over 3000 files in the DownloadsII Mod. I have a client who runs a training site where he needs use something like the RM for tutorials... The possibilities here are endless. Given XF's high quality of code and integration with a forum software's usergroup management, a lot of sites may purchase XF simply to use the Resource Manager.

Anthony Parsons likes this.
  11. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Soon

12. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

It's never too early to prepare for our much anticipated release of RM.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  13. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

Some more waiting is required :p

I'd guess (and hope) that 1.2 will be the priority once the guys get back up to speed (i.e if they have been working on other things to keep personal income, they may have to provide working notice before they are back on XF full time, etc).

After 1.2 I'd guess it'll b a case of going back to the task list and working through it. Given that the resource manager is pretty much done as far as we can tell, I cant imagine it's too far off being released.

14. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There will be an update in a week or so.

Saeed, Eagle, Crush and 37 others like this.
  15. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Hey, you shouldn't be responding yet, aren't you supposed to be on a honeymoon right about now? :p

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  16. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Can't wait!

17. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Great News Mike! :love:

18. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

fantastic. This is probably the one feature missing that I still need for my forum. :)

19. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Mike nice of you but your first duty is to save every ounce of your breath for your lady fair.
    Back to bed young man!

20. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

chunk.jpg

0xym0r0n, EQnoble, MattW and 5 others like this.