RM 1.0 Resource Manager Admin Options

While many of you will have seen the Resource Manager from a user viewpoint here, you haven't seen what's available for the admin. Below are screenshots of the main options for the RM, what controls you have over a category, and the permissions available. There are some other things like cache rebuilding and moderator logging that the RM does, but they're not particularly interesting.

So, let's look at some rather big images then...

General Options
options.webp

Category Controls
category.webp

Permissions
permissions.webp

This is absolutely great stuff and I definitely need the RM for one of my projects!

The only additional feature I would need for my own project is regarding Payment and Comission-Percentage:

Process:
1)
supplier uploads a "Paid Resource" (e.g. a .pdf-file)

2)
customer is buying the "Resource" (e.g. a .pdf-file) directly at my XF-RM via PayPal

3)
supplier receives the money and I get a Comission (a certain % of the Selling-Price) from each Sale. :cool:

Well done for now! (y)

This is absolutely great stuff and I definitely need the RM for one of my projects!

The only additional feature I would need for my own project is regarding Payment and Comission-Percentage:

Process:
1)
supplier uploads a "Paid Resource" (e.g. a .pdf-file)

2)
customer is buying the "Resource" (e.g. a .pdf-file) directly at my XF-RM via PayPal

3)
supplier receives the money and I get a Comission (a certain % of the Selling-Price) from each Sale. :cool:

Well done for now! (y)
+1 I could only buy it with this.

Do we have the ability to rename the "resource" tab to something else, like "news" or "articles" or something like that?

And the other question is, do we have the ability to make it so that the Resource Manager posts to look like a news article? I understand that we can disable (going by the toggle options) the download areas, and the "ratings-based-on-download" stuff. But what I mean, is, I want to use Resource Manager like a blog. Is that possible from what I see so far?

And an ability for JUST members to rate the "resource" (if it allows for blog/news types) would be nice. Not just "rate-on-download."

Wasn't sure if that's for the tabs. Instead of assuming, I just asked. Thanks, tho.
Yeah, but what does it do? I mean, a lot of blogs out there allow visitors to rate the article, not another option. That's what I'm asking.

I don't want to give the option of rating to visitors, I want them to register, and rate it. This way, visitors don't leave our site after the fact.

Do we have the ability to rename the "resource" tab to something else, like "news" or "articles" or something like that?

And the other question is, do we have the ability to make it so that the Resource Manager posts to look like a news article? I understand that we can disable (going by the toggle options) the download areas, and the "ratings-based-on-download" stuff. But what I mean, is, I want to use Resource Manager like a blog. Is that possible from what I see so far?

And an ability for JUST members to rate the "resource" (if it allows for blog/news types) would be nice. Not just "rate-on-download."

I think there is ability to rename tabs and they can also be hidden by css.
Ratings are by usergroup - I thought I saw that in usergroup permissions - checked yes it is.

See what you think of my design here
http://xenforo.com/community/posts/497888/

Carlos, you asked this question:

I answered, by unchecking that box, you can rate without downloading. What other question do you have?

I answered, by unchecking that box, you can rate without downloading. What other question do you have?
I know you did. I'm not sure what it does, like really does. Like I mentioned. It might have been about allowing visitors level to rate. But meh, thanks for the answer.

Is there a reason there's no "All yes"/"All no" options for ticking multiple options at once?
Or is there, but I'm just missing it? heh

Top Bottom