Implemented Resource Manager: Add number of views to resources

woei

Hi,

I would like to have the option to display the number of views to a resource. It would be more consistent with the rest of the forums, threads have a number of views and pages have the option to count views. Why not for the resources?

Here is a screenshot how it could look like:
Screenshot 2014-04-26 11.34.14.webp

I know there is an add-on for this, but imho this should be default just for the sake of consistency :)

Upvote 24
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would like to have this as well, because we have lots of resources without file attachment.
Would be nice to have it in the resource list as well (sorting by views being extra bonus). :)

Just came here to suggest it pretty much the moment I started using the RM. This is really such an obvious one that I can't believe it hasn't been added yet. It's especially important for text-only resource submissions, where the number of views is the only indicator of interest for the authors. So I hope that this will be added ASAP. It's really strangely absent now, when we're counting views everywhere else.

@Gladius @Tiki Tiki I apologize for the bump (especially in this forum) but would one of you mind clarifying? Your replies make it sounds like the resource view count was implemented, but I'm not seeing it in my installation.

I previously used one of the add-ons mentioned in this thread, I obviously want to remove if resource view counts are default.

Your replies make it sounds like the resource view count was implemented, but I'm not seeing it in my installation.

No, view count has still not been implemented. Dumb too. Not every resource gets downloaded, but it would be nice to know how many people have been looking at it. In my own case, I'm using the Resource Manager to display articles, with no downloads even possible, but I'd like to know how many people have been reading them.

I thought Tiki's "Yeah." meant that it was implemented, I guess I misunderstood.

I can't believe that this still hasn't been implemented, to be honest. It's the most basic of needs for every content uploader to get some kind of indication of how many people are looking at their content (especially with articles) as that gives them at least some idea if their content is of interest to people even if they don't comment on it or download it (if it's even downloadable).

Articles have been left hanging there as an afterthought with no stats whatsoever.

I agree. It seems like intuitive basic data that should be integrated by default. I guess I'm stuck between continuing to use the old third-party add-on that hasn't been updated in five years or losing my historical view counts from that add-on.

I really think view counts enhance interest and activity. It's difficult to integrate and generate interest in the resource manager as is. I would submit a new feature request for XF2 but it's almost 2019. I wonder why it hasn't been included?

I also still need it. I use the resources also as a article system where we can explain things. Thus counting how much that resource has been viewed would make sense (and we would be able to track the popularity)

Top Bottom