1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Resource Category Deleted, Threads Saved but Attachments NOT

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by KevRog, Jun 13, 2015.

1. KevRog

KevRog Member

Hello,

I'm not sure what I did wrong but, I deleted a resource category, and then wanted to just keep the discussions. I used my history to make the first thread go back to a "normal" looking first thread (after deleting the category).

All is well, except that all the uploaded files (images) from the first posts of all the threads got deleted...

I had a backup of these files and uploaded them to: /internal_data/attachments/0 but the posts don't seem to "see" the files. Could you help?

(also, is there a way to convert the .data files into the original files?)

Thank you for any help you can give!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Deleting a resource category will delete all resources in that category and any attachments related to those resources.

The discussion threads won't be deleted.
    I suspect the missing attachments are from the resource.

3. KevRog

KevRog Member

right, so I wonder how I can get them back...

4. KevRog

KevRog Member

An example of what's there instead of the image (after reverting history): View attachment 42 (It's a link that's broken).

I fixed this one time before by just uploading a backup I had to /internal_data/attachments/0 but that didn't seem to work this time...

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will have to upload them again as the attachments were never associated with the threads in the first place.

6. KevRog

KevRog Member

Is there any way to extract the images from the .data files?

7. KevRog

KevRog Member

They were associated with the threads, then I converted them into resources, and then decided I rather them being threads again...