1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Resolution/Rejection report.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by andrewkm, Apr 1, 2016.

1. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

I'd like the following checkbox to always stay ticked with the user name of the person handling the report, and not allow them to change this.

Is this possible.

[​IMG]

Intention: forcing staff to always have an alert with their username show up for anything they do with a specific report.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That would require custom development.

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This can actually be done with a simple template edit. Open the report_view template and find this line:

Code:
    <label><input type="checkbox" name="send_alert" value="1" id="ctrl_send_alert" class="Disabler" /> {xen:phrase send_resolution_rejection_alert}:</label>
    Make the change shown in red:

Code:
    <label><input type="checkbox" name="send_alert" value="1" id="ctrl_send_alert" class="Disabler" checked="checked" /> {xen:phrase send_resolution_rejection_alert}:</label>
    Tested and works.

andrewkm likes this.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That doesn't achieve the requested aims of a) preventing staff from changing it (although that could be worked around) and b) inserting the user name of the staff member handling it.

The user name can be inserted using:
    Code:
    <li><input type="text" name="alert_comment" class="textCtrl" value="{$report.assigned_username}"/></li>
    But that won't stop anyone editing it out when they send the alert.

andrewkm and Amaury like this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That's what I get for glancing at it.

Thank you, Brogan. I think I'd make a plethora of more errors if you weren't around to get after me. :cool:

andrewkm likes this.
  6. andrewkm

andrewkm Active Member

@Amaury @Brogan you guys are wonderful, thank you!
    Only one problem, what if no one was "assigned" and it instantly goes to Rejected or Resolved, can we still somehow get the username of the person handling it added to the field?

Or perhaps require to be "assigned" to handle the report.

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You could change it to the visitor's username. The visitor is always the one taking the action, so I believe that should meet your needs in that part. (The other caveats apply.)

andrewkm likes this.