Lack of interest 'Like' report resolution message

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alpha1

Often a report resolution message explains why the report was resolved or rejected. It would be useful to be able to like this message so a member can show appreciation or understanding of the message.

For example : I recently reported content on this site of which I wasn't sure if it was a rule breach. The staff took the time to elaborate why it was not a rule breach. I highly appreciate this and would have liked it to be able to relay this.

On my own websites I think there must have been many similar situations where members would have found it useful to react to resolution messages in a positive way.

Reports tend to be a contentious dynamic and I think that it's a good idea to add a positive element to it.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is one of the reasons I use threads for reports rather than the report manager, so I think this suggestion is a good as it allows a bit more communication

Indeed. The report resolution message is displayed in the report tough. It may be a little challenging to design functionality to like the message, but Im sure several solutions can be considered.
Maybe the alert message for the resolution can contain a 'like' link.
It would be cool if the staff member would get an alert and if the report would get the like as well.

The alert is not permanently stored content.

Only moderators have access to the report so it's not something which can be liked by the person reporting it, for several reasons.

The report resolution can be liked. The challenge is that the member does not have access to the content. So basically the alert should have a link or function in it that allows for liking and the rating is applied to the report resolution itself.

Top Bottom