XF 2.1 Requested Version Unavailable Error On Upgrade

bluemartian

I'm attempting my first upgrade through the admin control panel. I see the announcement about the new version, but when I click on Upgrade Now and then Download and Upgrade, I'm getting the following error:

REQUESTED_VERSION_UNAVAILABLE

My license is current.

Thanks for any advice! :)

We've also taken steps to reduce the possibility of this happening in the future, whereby we will check for an even more recent upgrade before trying to fetch the current one.

Though of course that will only apply after upgrading to the next release probably in a month or two (2.1.9).

Check for upgrades again - the version released yesterday has been superseded with a later version released this morning.

Well... I downloaded the XF 2.1.8 Patch 1 and attempted to upgrade and got this error...

Even Patch 1 does not solve this issue.

3758f8802f5f387ebd93388658ec0383.png

Well... I downloaded the XF 2.1.8 Patch 1 and attempted to upgrade and got this error...

Even Patch 1 does not solve this issue.

3758f8802f5f387ebd93388658ec0383.png
You don't have to download anything.

Go to Tools > Check for upgrades and click the "Check now" button.

You should then see that 2.1.8 Patch 1 is now available and the upgrade should progress as normal.

You don't have to download anything.

Go to Tools > Check for upgrades and click the "Check now" button.

You should then see that 2.1.8 Patch 1 is now available and the upgrade should progress as normal.

This is misleading because originally, I saw the 'Upgrade' button in the main Admin screen and that is where I clicked on it and got that error you see in the screenshot.

I was not aware of the fact that the other method you mention was the correct method to use.
Others have stated the same error as well, so I am not the only one that experienced this issue.

I don't really understand what is misleading.

The correct thing to do was posted in post #3 by @Brogan:
Check for upgrades again - the version released yesterday has been superseded with a later version released this morning.

I have also since confirmed that we have put in place measures to reduce the possibility of this happening in the future.

Putting that all to one side, have you been able to complete the upgrade now?

I don't really understand what is misleading.

The correct thing to do was posted in post #3 by @Brogan:

Of course, you wouldn't understand because you knew in advance how to do the upgrades via the 'Check For Upgrades' option inside the 'Tools' section.

Normally, at the main Admin page, the previous upgrades were shown by the 'Upgrade' button at the top part of that page.
Previously, I didn't have to use the 'Check For Upgrades' option until today.

Like some of us here, we are new to the Xenforo way and it is condescending to us new Xenforo admins to assume that we knew in advance about the different methods of upgrading Xenforo.

I have also since confirmed that we have put in place measures to reduce the possibility of this happening in the future.

Putting that all to one side, have you been able to complete the upgrade now?

Yes, by doing the 'Check For Upgrades' option, the upgrade was completed.

If you're ever unsure about anything, just ask, that's what we're here for.

We also shouldn't assume that people don't know things because that can also be misconstrued as being condescending.

I sensed that you were unsure hence why I explained in more detail what needed to be done but it was called misleading and now condescending.

There is more information on the upgrade process in the manual, in case it is useful in the future:

Glad you got it sorted.

Of course, you wouldn't understand because you knew in advance how to do the upgrades via the 'Check For Upgrades' option inside the 'Tools' section.

Normally, at the main Admin page, the previous upgrades were shown by the 'Upgrade' button at the top part of that page.
Previously, I didn't have to use the 'Check For Upgrades' option until today.

Like some of us here, we are new to the Xenforo way and it is condescending to us new Xenforo admins to assume that we knew in advance about the different methods of upgrading Xenforo.

Yes, by doing the 'Check For Upgrades' option, the upgrade was completed.

Exactly. It is only by coming here I found the root of the problem.

Even if you don't understand: the fact is that hitting the proffered 'Upgrade Now' button led to the file not being found. With no explanation.

Maybe it would be an idea to associate the new Patch Version to the Home 'Upgrade Now' button..

Top Bottom