1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for IP.Board Data

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Kier, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm just about done with the IPB importer here and I'm looking for some data with which to test it.

Ideally I'm looking for something with a good spread of data including 10-50k posts including some attachments, a thousand or so members and a reasonable quantity of private messages.

At this stage I'm only doing internal testing as the importer has only been run on my own very limited test data. The time for external, public testing will come shortly afterwards.

If you have some data you would not mind me testing with, send me a message and we'll discuss.

Thanks!

2. Kier

Thanks to those who have already contacted me.

I'd like to add a couple of additional requirements - the data should be a) English and b) Native IP.Board data, not the result of a recent conversion from another system.

Cheers :)

3. DieselMinded

DieselMinded Active Member

4. TerminalAddict

TerminalAddict Active Member

I could provide data (mysql dump) from mandrivausers.org

PM or some such if needed ;)

20k users, 300k posts

5. I'm very keen to see this release. Keep up the good work!

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

looking forward to this release. it will put an end to my misery !

8. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Well, I've converted from vb to IPB, but I have ~2.5 mill posts and ~300k users if you want to see how that goes after you test the script out.

Kier likes this.
  9. How's the convertions gone?

10. Kier

Well, so far.

11. Keep us posted because my forum won't be going to XF without this convertion.

12. Iestyn

Iestyn Active Member

Can't wait for this mate :)

Dud you manage to find a way around the password issue. Ive got my fingers crossed.

13. Kier

The password issue? You mean not having to reset all passwords? That's a standard feature of our importer system.

Kaiser likes this.
  14. Iestyn

Iestyn Active Member

Do you have any idea when the converter will be released? I'm not trying to rush you guys, I'm just so anxious to ditch IPB and work with Xenforo lol :)

majdi likes this.
  15. Kier

We've changed some of the supporting structure in XenForo itself, so it will probably go out as a beta version along with 1.0.1 fairly shortly.

16. Floris

Floris Guest

: Thumbs up! :

17. Kier

/me thinks you meant (y) ;)

18. Floris

Floris Guest

No thanks [​IMG]

erich37 likes this.
  19. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

Will the importer redirect IPB urls ?

20. Kier

I haven't investigated the IPB URL scheme yet, but the intention is that it should.