XF 2.1 Importer suggestion for IP.Board 3.4.x

beerForo

In IPB there is a button in the editor called My Media. When you click it you see attachments you have already uploaded and you can click one to post it instead of uploading again.

The code looks like this:
Code:
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:887460]
Unfortunately, in an import, these go dead. XF does not have a share media function BUT if you take the XF attachment code from one post, and paste it to another, it works. So the importer could change this sharemedia code to ATTACH code and it works.

Example:

This is the code when inserting a XF attachment as a full image:
Code:
[ATTACH]4[/ATTACH]
Now, if you create a new post and paste this code into it you see the link:
View attachment 4
You click it and see the image.

This means, in essence, sharing media "works" and it would be awesome if XF could convert this. I tested this by doing an import with keeping the same database numbers and then running a query to change the BB code by keeping the attachment number and it worked. However I would like to do a fresh import with new numbers, so it would be great if XF could convert these. Thanks!
Code:
change this
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:887460]
to this
[ATTACH]887460[/ATTACH]
PS. IPB also allows you to share images and albums from the Gallery, so those could be converted too, but that is not so much a priority. Looking to import a huge forum where members shared attachments using My Media that will not currently show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom