[Req] Google Plus Invites

I am still looking.......even the people on my whitetrash network (facebook.com/whitetrashnation) don't have em. If I eventually get one I will throw invites out as they were asked for on this thread...fingers crossed.

I am still looking.......even the people on my whitetrash network (facebook.com/whitetrashnation) don't have em. If I eventually get one I will throw invites out as they were asked for on this thread...fingers crossed.
Got your PC, & Done.

I love its integration on top bar across all Google services. It is nifty, so wee don't need to keep another browser tab open. :-)

Orkut is the one you're talking about I think?
Yep, that was the one.... thanks.

I agree with comments about this exclusive invite nonsense. Facebook didn't do that to be exclusive to the world, they did it because they didn't know where it would go or how big it would, or wouldn't be. Once they got the funding behind them... that made it. They branched out college by college creating demand... Google aren't creating that "demand" when its exclusive invite only now, because people lose sight quickly because they can't get to their friends instantly, so they revert to Facebook again. Same strategy doesn't work twice when it already exists.

I don't know if Google could ever really knock Facebook off. Facebook knocked MySpace out, but Twitter and Facebook are different things, so they coexist well.

I don't really understand Googles desire to own that sphere, because they own 94% approximately of the search sphere. That is a monopoly on search with their ads... they are the #1 visited website in the world... Facebook fails in comparison to Google company to company wise.

It was like Google trying to setup Google Video to take on YouTube... which failed, so they just bought YouTube instead. If Google want, so much, to dominate the social networking space, just keep buying away at Facebook stock, offer major shareholders ridiculous amounts to buy their stock, and suddenly they'll obtain majority ownership. They can then destroy it with all their contextual ads and be done with it.

Yep, that was the one.... thanks.

I agree with comments about this exclusive invite nonsense. Facebook didn't do that to be exclusive to the world, they did it because they didn't know where it would go or how big it would, or wouldn't be. Once they got the funding behind them... that made it. They branched out college by college creating demand... Google aren't creating that "demand" when its exclusive invite only now, because people lose sight quickly because they can't get to their friends instantly, so they revert to Facebook again. Same strategy doesn't work twice when it already exists.

I don't know if Google could ever really knock Facebook off. Facebook knocked MySpace out, but Twitter and Facebook are different things, so they coexist well.

I don't really understand Googles desire to own that sphere, because they own 94% approximately of the search sphere. That is a monopoly on search with their ads... they are the #1 visited website in the world... Facebook fails in comparison to Google company to company wise.

It was like Google trying to setup Google Video to take on YouTube... which failed, so they just bought YouTube instead. If Google want, so much, to dominate the social networking space, just keep buying away at Facebook stock, offer major shareholders ridiculous amounts to buy their stock, and suddenly they'll obtain majority ownership. They can then destroy it with all their contextual ads and be done with it.

If they didn't constantly attempt to innovate different niches, they'd end up stagnating and go the way of Yahoo or other services.

Thanks to both Floris and ibnesayeed for helping me in. And liking this over facebook already. Its so 'xenforo vs vbulletin' like. Built better, users thought about, friendly interfaces ... Use of ajax in the correct places rather than everywhere. Ya know the kind of thing.

After using it for a day, I can't wait for them to take away 50% of the features' options, and unify the user experience. Simplify it to what the core elements are that people might want to use, and make a simple widget that lets you exclude, include the core features.

What I think is one of the best things they've done is the same bar on all their sites (well, sorta), and notifications inside gmail.

I am curious to see how this looks with ads on them .. and how quickly adBlock plus lets me filter them out.

@adblockplus, if you want a login, poke me :)

I can send out invites if you want them, just quote my message with your email attached in the reply and I'll send you one!

Top Bottom