[Req] Google Plus Invites

Been playing with it a bit today, and even with my dislike of social networking, I can see myself using this.

The UI is amazing (It is done by Andy Hertzfeld, who did the original Mac UI back in the late 70's and early 80's), and it is one of the most intuitive designs I've seen.

If Google can get this going, and get a member base going, chances are this can overcome Facebooks marketshare.
Google can do anything :), I would be much happier if Google could take over Facebook or at least balance it out so that no one giant controls everything, I also like that it will most likely have Adsense integration(I would assume...)

Google can do anything :), I would be much happier if Google could take over Facebook or at least balance it out so that no one giant controls everything, I also like that it will most likely have Adsense integration(I would assume...)

I am pissed @ facebook anyways, they killed my initial whitetrash account, and will never reactivate it. hates them.

Google is a giant that tries to control everything. Facebook is competition, why would you want Google to take over Facebook? If you like Facebook, why shouldn't the creators own it. If you don't like Facebook, why do you want Google to take over it?

Looks like they closed the invite & registration lol ..We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.

Google totally cannot do everything, they've failed at every social network they're created or bought up to this point.

Looks like they closed the invite & registration lol ..We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.

Its invite only currently.

Been playing with it a bit today, and even with my dislike of social networking, I can see myself using this.

The UI is amazing (It is done by Andy Hertzfeld, who did the original Mac UI back in the late 70's and early 80's), and it is one of the most intuitive designs I've seen.

If Google can get this going, and get a member base going, chances are this can overcome Facebooks marketshare.
very bold statement...

I love google! but here is my problem with this... I and so many people have put so much into facebook. It works great for what I use it for. I spend a lot of time on it but it also makes me money. A new social media platform will have to have some very strong selling features to be able to overtake the roots already established in the facebook community. And I don't think it is possible to completely overtake facebook as they did to Myspace so that would mean spiting up my time on both of them. I just don't know if I have enough time for 2 ;o)

One thing is for sure though... If there is 1 company in the world that can make this happen... It is Google!:cool: but overcoming them... I don't think it is possible any time soon...

very bold statement...
Google has more users overall (gmail, google apps, google accounts) and if they can get a large portion of those people interested in using their service, they can overtake Facebook easily. They just have to not make their common mistake with social networking and make it more difficult than it has to be (Wave for example was confusing to all but computer geeks, and many of them had difficulty with it as well).

I know one thing... that Google + button has already gone viral... just because it allows voting of websites to assist in what Google deliver you on search, based on what your friends vote for...

I noticed themesinc already have a beta version within their xenomorph framework. Will be interesting...

Google has more users overall (gmail, google apps, google accounts) and if they can get a large portion of those people interested in using their service, they can overtake Facebook easily. They just have to not make their common mistake with social networking and make it more difficult than it has to be (Wave for example was confusing to all but computer geeks, and many of them had difficulty with it as well).
I agree... The evolution Myspace>Facebook>Twitter just keeps getting more and more simple... People like neat!

I know one thing... that Google + button has already gone viral... just because it allows voting of websites to assist in what Google deliver you on search, based on what your friends vote for...

I noticed themesinc already have a beta version within their xenomorph framework. Will be interesting...
Yeah... I can't wait to demo it... I see it being very successful...

Yer... what was that other Google social networking... yuk... god it was awful and spammy.
Orkut is the one you're talking about I think?

They've had about 10 different social networking projects, none have succeeded due to the lack of vision and such on it.

maybe... i guess it is different for everyone... My turn off of myspace was just that it was one giant mess.

I was talking about Wave; MySpace just had to many pedo's.

Top Bottom