Reputation System

Reputation System [Paid] 2.2.5

No permission to buy ($20.00)
We would like to see sorting by ContentID, by InsertData, etc. (/reputation/authors/XXXX) respectively filters better.

With new update need to be install Corelib. But in corelib directory ... 1059 files and 46 folders.
Please, explain what is is?
In my opinion, for one addon this is unacceptable.

I don't understand. This is ONE addon. Many addons works fine without any helper functions. Please, explain more detailed.

@kick Already you are required Standard Library by Xon addon. So why requirements one more addon? Using this adon are requirements installing another 2 addon?

I don't understand. This is ONE addon. Many addons works fine without any helper functions. Please, explain more detailed.
https://xenforo.com/community/help/resource-standards/
  1. Add-on code should follow DRY (don't repeat yourself) principles.
It makes no sense to use the same code in additions, as well as private ones, as well as a violation of this standard
@kick Already you are required Standard Library by Xon addon. So why requirements one more addon? Using this adon are requirements installing another 2 addon?
Yes, because certain functions are required from this add-on and I cannot transfer to myself those functions that are used from the Xon library, since I am not the author of this code.

After reviewing your addon, I have the following suggestions. The screenshots are from my xf1 advanced reputation system:
  1. Add a star rating interface. star-rating.webp
    In admincp add how much each of the 5 possible ratings weigh:
    star value.webp
  2. Preset rating messages.
    Let users select a message from a drop down. This is really useful for friendly messages when a user needs to improve their post.
    In admincp add a function to add preset rating comments.
  3. Force anonymous rating.
    All ratings are always anonymous without any controls for members.
    This really helps avoid flame wars over negative ratings.
  4. Display Rater avatar to those who have permission to see who rated.
    anonymous.webp
  5. Approval queue: Reject rating (allow member to correct the rating)
  6. Approval queue: Reject with preset message.
  7. Send email upon positive rating. NOT on neutral or negative rating. This brings a lot of inactive members back.
  8. Display reputation in postbit.

Hello 👋 wondering if this has privacy options so that only groups that have permission to view other's reputation comments (such as staff) can see other user's reputation received on their profiles and on the separate page where it also shows this info. It would also be cool to apply the same privacy options to reputation comments in posts.

Hello 👋 wondering if this has privacy options so that only groups that have permission to view other's reputation comments (such as staff) can see other user's reputation received on their profiles and on the separate page where it also shows this info. It would also be cool to apply the same privacy options to reputation comments in posts.
There is an anonymous issue of reputation, which is provided in the screenshots. At the moment, we are working on a global update of the reputation

Question:

Does this add-on use the Reaction system to handle reputations, or does it store in it's own tables? I have a client who needs an custom importer for a long abandoned reputation addon from XF 1.5 that stores data in a single xf_reputation. If your addon is not using the Reaction system, importing will be much easier.

Thanks!

Ok then, let me rephrase that and be more specific...

We are looking to incorporate a reputation system into our large forum with ten million posts.

Is this add on stable/credible and bug free and will the developer be getting this add on ready for XF 2.3 so we don't have any issues when it gets released?

Last thing we want is to get our members used to the feature for a few months, then have to remove it because the developer has no interest in making it 2.3 ready.

Our goal is to give the people who come to our forum looking for targeted help, some faith/confidence in their decision to follow advice from the person giving it. If someone has a sick or dying friend or family member and someone with poor reputation status gives advice, you'd much rather go with advice from someone with a better ranking to ensure you actually got good feedback and advice.

We hope this will also help people who give poor advice to tighten up and start giving better advice, otherwise people won't listen to anything they say. In theory, it should help to motivate people to do better, without us having to intervene.

Do you think this add on is for us, or is there something even better available?

Thank you for your feedback and advice, we are truly grateful.

Is this add on stable/credible and bug free and will the developer be getting this add on ready for XF 2.3 so we don't have any issues when it gets released?
For starters, 2.3 hasn't even come out yet to talk about anything. And there are not even any announcements and a roadmap for 2.3. More precisely, it is, but it is local and when 2.3 will be released it is not even known, a year has passed since the expectations of 2.3. Will it take another year or two? Yes, the add-on will support 2.3 initially without errors, but this is not excluded and it's too early to talk about it
Last thing we want is to get our members used to the feature for a few months, then have to remove it because the developer has no interest in making it 2.3 ready.
This is unlikely, because another project is supported, where it is actually used
Do you think this add on is for us, or is there something even better available?
You can come up with a different application for the supplement, the limit is only in your imagination.

After reviewing your addon, I have the following suggestions. The screenshots are from my xf1 advanced reputation system:
  1. Add a star rating interface. View attachment 256513
    In admincp add how much each of the 5 possible ratings weigh:
    View attachment 256514
  2. Preset rating messages.
    Let users select a message from a drop down. This is really useful for friendly messages when a user needs to improve their post.
    In admincp add a function to add preset rating comments.
  3. Force anonymous rating.
    All ratings are always anonymous without any controls for members.
    This really helps avoid flame wars over negative ratings.
  4. Display Rater avatar to those who have permission to see who rated.
    View attachment 256515
  5. Approval queue: Reject rating (allow member to correct the rating)
  6. Approval queue: Reject with preset message.
  7. Send email upon positive rating. NOT on neutral or negative rating. This brings a lot of inactive members back.
  8. Display reputation in postbit.
I'm willing to sponsor these features. Please let me know if you are open to this. You can contact me by conversation or on Telegram.

Last edited:
Top Bottom