• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Report Conversations

Dismounted

This is now a core feature. Do not install (unless you want to be adventurous)!

Report Conversations

Report Conversations is an add-on for XenForo that allows users to report messages inside conversations. It extends the default reporting functionality.

Installation
  1. To begin, upload all the files in the upload/ directory into your XenForo base directory (the one with library/ and styles/).
  2. Next, go into your Admin Control Panel, and clickInstall Add-on.
  3. Click the + Install Add-on button.
  4. Select addon_ReportConversations.xml as the file to upload.
  5. Click Install Add-on to confirm the installation of Report Conversations.
  6. Perform the template edits as below.
Template Edits

The following template edits must be made to enable Report Conversations to work correctly.
  • Template: conversation_message
Find:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$message.canEdit}">
<a href="{xen:link 'conversations/edit-message', $conversation, 'm={$message.message_id}'}"
class="item control edit"><span></span>{xen:phrase edit}</a>
</xen:if>

Add Below:
HTML:
<a href="{xen:link 'conversations/report', $conversation, 'm={$message.message_id}'}" class="OverlayTrigger item control report" data-cacheOverlay="false"><span></span>{xen:phrase report}</a>

Caveats

This add-on has a high probability of being superseded by being introduced into XenForo itself. See the Report Private Conversation thread.

Additionally, no additional permission checks are performed when fetching reports. Any user that can access the Reported Items panel will be able to see reported conversations.

Upgrading
  1. Upload all the Report Conversations files, overwriting any old ones.
  2. Next, go to your Admin Control Panel homepage, and click List Add-ons or Manage Add-ons.
  3. Activate the Controls drop-down for Report Conversations, and click Upgrade.
  4. Select addon_ReportConversations.xml as the file to upload.
  5. Click Upgrade Add-on to confirm.
  6. Check your template edits to ensure they are up-to-date.
Uninstallation

If, for any reason, you would like to uninstall Report Conversations, the following steps are necessary:
  1. Undo the template edits that were performed on installation.
  2. Go to your Admin Control Panel homepage, and click List Add-ons or Manage Add-ons.
  3. Activate the Controls drop-down for Report Conversations, and click Uninstall.
  4. Remove all the files from XenForo (library/ReportConversations/).
Screenshots
Report Prompt.webpReport Manager.webp

Attachments

PHP:
call_user_func_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, integer given

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
call_user_func_array() in ReportConversations/Install/Data/MySql.php at line 30
ReportConversations_Install_Data_MySql::getQueries() in ReportConversations/Install.php at line 104
ReportConversations_Install->_installVersion1() in ReportConversations/Install.php at line 91
ReportConversations_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xenforo/admin.php at line 13
dont work with beta4

tested, installed and works 100% thanks for the add, I give a "like" if I had more Iwould give them

ugh why have I not seen this thread???? Talking to myself again, never mind me.

Definitely like. And definitely feel that this should be in the core product. Nevertheless, will be adding this one to my new forum.

ugh why have I not seen this thread???? Talking to myself again, never mind me.

Definitely like. And definitely feel that this should be in the core product. Nevertheless, will be adding this one to my new forum.

I'm sure there's an active discussion about this in getting this feature or something similar into the core.

I am getting the following error when trying to install
Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'conversation_message' for key 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in ReportConversations/Install.php at line 107
ReportConversations_Install->_installVersion1() in ReportConversations/Install.php at line 91
ReportConversations_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cdiscuss/public_html/admin.php at line 13

You realise the core software now includes the ability to report conversation messages?

You don't need to install this add-on.

Not that I'm aware of... you cannot report yourself or mods, but registered users, if memory serves correctly. It is default in 1.1.x... so this mod should technically be closed now as its a core feature IMHO.

Top Bottom