XF 1.4 Reply button like on vbulletin

jauburn

Just occurred to me that for a newbie, the vbulletin way of having a big old reply button above and to the left of the first post was really good. Is there an add-on that puts a Reply button there?

Thanks.

It was removed in early 1.0 development, IIRC. There's a long thread debating its merits somewhere. I recently stumbled upon the code and it never occurred to me it was ever removed. Just assumed it was there. Lol

So another question: Now that I have the Reply to Thread button back, how do I get it to show up also to guests? This would be a way, of course, to prompt registration, so clicking the Reply button would take guests to the signup/login page. I believe there was a vbulletin feature similar to this, or maybe it was an add-on.

Add this:
HTML:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
    <xen:topctrl>
        <a href="{xen:link 'register'}" class="callToAction"><span>{xen:phrase reply_to_thread}</span></a>
    </xen:topctrl>
</xen:if>

Add this:
HTML:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
        <a href="{xen:link 'register'}" class="callToAction"><span>{xen:phrase reply_to_thread}</span></a>

Hmm, where should I add that, precisely?

The current code I have is this:

<xen:if is="{$canReply}">
<a href="{xen:link 'threads/reply', $thread}" class="callToAction"><span>{xen:phrase reply_to_thread}</span></a>

Top Bottom