1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace Buy XenForo with Customers if Licensed

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by BamaStangGuy, May 20, 2014.

1. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Just a minor annoyance. I find I hit the Buy XenForo button and then the Customers tab to login to the customers area from the forum (instead of scrolling to the footer and hitting Customers).

If we are licensed and have purchased xenForo it would be really nice to have that Buy XenForo link turn into a link to the Customer area.

petertdavis, ge66 and Jon W like this.
  2. spacegeek

spacegeek New Member

You do realize there is a link right? In customers area its called "Buy new licenses".

[​IMG]

3. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

@spacegeek I think @BamaStangGuy is talking about here on the forums.

I propose an alternative solution......

KEEP the Buy link as it does promote the sale of XenForo and the easy navigation to purchasing. But ADD a customer link also.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's already there.

upload_2014-5-20_13-44-24.png

SneakyDave likes this.
  5. Adam Howard

To which (in reply) I defer back to post #1

(the point being not having to scroll all the way at the very bottom, beyond the xenforo default footer)

6. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I've never noticed the link in the footer. :rolleyes:

I've always hit Home > Customers

7. BamaStangGuy

I know there is one on the page. In the footer. My suggestion was to replace the Buy XenForo link with a link directly to the customers login if we already own a license.

This has nothing to do with what I suggested.

8. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Yea I find myself doing the same as @BamaStangGuy said.

Why not a simple conditional, display "Buy Xenforo" if not licensed and "Customers" if licensed.

Adam Howard and BamaStangGuy like this.
  9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There isn't an "if licensed" to use as the forum and customer accounts are completely separate.

The only correlation is the associated forum user names.

Yes, we could use that but what about members who are only associated but don't own a license?

10. BamaStangGuy

Put a Buy XenForo link in the footer and make them scroll to the bottom for it? :)

11. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Ah ok..maybe a drop down menu with customer area link. I don't know not much of a big deal just making suggestions. :)

Adam Howard and BamaStangGuy like this.
  12. Adam Howard

1 Buy Now tab
    1 Customer Area tab

Simple :)