Buy XenForo with a credit card?

Stemis

I do not have a PayPal account, because my country is not listed in PayPal countries. What can I say, very nice to us. :) .
Why is not available buying XenForo directly with a credit card?

I do not understand why XF limits their sales by only using paypal. I had to do a costly bank transfer to buy a license. Paypal is not an option for countries that are on paypals blacklist and also for sites with adult content. Mind that paypal does not allow adult or controversial content. They will seize your paypal account if they see the url. I'm not sure if the XF order process sends the license url or the site name.

Why not just add Ogone or a similar Payment Service Provider? Then you have over 200 payment methods.

I'm not sure if the XF order process sends the license url or the site name.
Doubt it, I don't recall entering the site url into the PayPal payment.

As for why they don't accept credit cards directly, getting an Internet Merchant account is pretty tricky for new start-ups, which of course, is what XF is. Even with 12 months trading history you wouldn't believe the hoops and barriers banks put up & ask you to jump through and pole vault over, respectively.

Not strictly true, they could use the SagePay Form, that takes the client off XF.com onto SagePay's servers where the card details are entered and then they get returned to XF after the transaction, no PCI complicancy required.

You do however need a merchant account and a SagePay account, both of which cost money, so it would depend if they expect to get enough usage to make it worthwhile.

I was meaning more direct than that, and keeping the customer on XF site completely and only processing through something like Cardinal Commerce etc.

Top Bottom