1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy XenForo with a credit card?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Sasa, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

I do not have a PayPal account, because my country is not listed in PayPal countries. What can I say, very nice to us. :) .
    Why is not available buying XenForo directly with a credit card?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You don't need a PayPal account to pay using your credit card via PayPal.

Sasa likes this.
  3. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

No, this option is not avilaible any more. Or, I could not find a link?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's an option available on the PayPal website.

If you're having problems paying then send a message using Contact Us.

Sasa likes this.
  5. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

I can't find this option. :(

6. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Go along with the PayPal payment method and you will come to a PayPal section that says you can pay with credit card if not having an account. I know because I only purchased XenForo yesterday and have no PayPal account either.

But it is a tad confusing to spot and not very obvious at all.

Sasa likes this.
  7. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

The supreme guide to paying without a PayPal account:
    Step one: Find this 23-10-2011 21-48-18.png
    Step two: Choice your card and start filling out the long form! 23-10-2011 21-51-28.png

Jay, Digital Doctor and Sasa like this.
  8. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

My country is not in PayPal list of countries. Therefore appears to me to a different page with the option of opening the account.
    untitled.JPG

9. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Interesting, didn't know that it varied from country to country, although I guess it makes sense.

Any particular aversion to creating a PayPal account?

10. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

I was thinking that, you could create a PayPal account to pay, then just close it later on if you don't want to run one. Or, the best option, ask a friend to let you use their paypal account to pay for it.

Sasa likes this.
  11. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I'll go with this.. Keep in mind it is the weekend in the UK at the moment where XF is based.

12. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Something about PayPal you should be aware off though, it caught me out fine style and why I don't run one now. If you open an account and then close it without removing your CC/DD card details linked with that account before closing down. They keep it on record still and won't allow you to open another PayPal account later using the same CC or DD.

Sasa likes this.
  13. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

As to why XenForo don't process Credit/Debit cards directly, it's because it would a total pain in the backside for this to be set up and for PCI compliancy etc.

Sasa likes this.
  14. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Just contact XF Ltd. via the Contact-Form and they will give you their Bank-account number (IBAN + BIC) and instructions and you can then send the money via bank-transfer easily.
    Once you have paid, they will give you access to your XF-customer account.

Sasa likes this.
  15. marioman

marioman Active Member

i hope to allow alertpay
    paypal not accept many countries

16. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

That's what I just did. I have no other choice.

17. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

How much did it cost you?

18. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Not strictly true, they could use the SagePay Form, that takes the client off XF.com onto SagePay's servers where the card details are entered and then they get returned to XF after the transaction, no PCI complicancy required.

You do however need a merchant account and a SagePay account, both of which cost money, so it would depend if they expect to get enough usage to make it worthwhile.

19. Sasa

Sasa Active Member

The Bank requires additional information to me what actually pay. :mad: Not yet completed transactions.
    What can I say, I'm sick.

20. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

About $25 is my guess.