Duplicate Reorder images/media in gallery album

Fullmental

I honestly can't believe this isn't already a feature, I swear it was but members have been coming to me asking how they can reorder their personal albums if they accidentally add something out of order. I can't see a way for them to do it without deleting the entire thing and starting over, being VERY careful to upload a single image at a time because the multi upload doesn't seem to respect the order of clicking images all the time either!

if the image doesn't belong at the very end of the album. It would be great if you could either click and drag from the album view as the owner (pictured below as an example), or have a button to click to go to a dedicated re-arranging screen. This would allow users to browse through images in an album, in the uploader's intended viewing order.

1714366130327.webp

It might also be nice to be able to re-arrange the media items on the upload page itself:

1714366375528.webp

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
🤷‍♂️ When I did a search for "reorder images" in the suggestions thread, nothing showed up in the search results.
Wasn't mentioning it to complain you missed it, just to let you know it's been 6 years and likely will not see any changes in the near future with the XenForo developers concentrating on 2.3 and 3.0. Your best bet for anything near term is to get an add-on developer to look into it.

Changing the date on a photo seems to allow some kind of reordering, but probably not the best solution for everyone. Hopefully reordering gets thrown into an update by happy surprise someday.
This doesn't really work, because it's a moderator permission. That means if you give it to somebody they can not only change the date of their media items, but everyone else's.

Top Bottom