MG 2.0 Insert link to Gallery Album in Post?

MGSteve

I did search for this, but drew a blank. I've just setup a new forum, but I can't seem to find a way to embed a gallery album or category into a post.

btw, I'm using XenPorta, I don't know if this matters or not at all.

Why would you want to do this? Well, say you were posting a press release which had 20 photos. In an idea world, you'd upload the photos to their own Album and then add the thread / article into the forum, linking to the gallery. This then (in an ideal world) adds a lightbox on the page allowing you to flick through the photos without leaving the page, or at the very least, adds a link to the gallery. Currently what you can only appear to do is add links to the 20 images one by one which means the page gets ridiculously long.

Is this not possible or have I missed something somewhere?

Ok, part fixed! I didn't realise that by default you need to assign yourself permission to create an album, once I'd done that I could link to the album.

However, it still jumps off to the media section to view it, is there any way of viewing them on the thread / article and only jumping off to the gallery if you wanted to comment?

You can embed albums into posts using this icon in the editor:
1537867782837.webp
It likely doesn't exactly do what you want, as it still takes you to the gallery to view them though. but it's the closest thing we have.

A large album would come out like this:
View album 261
You can also use the same button to quickly share individual media items:

View media item 2166
That might be better suited for more than 10 images as they are larger in size. They still take you to the gallery though if you click on them.

Top Bottom