XF 2.2 Remove that little transient 'Back' (arrow) button on mobile

Vercingetorix

(*Sorry. I do not know what it is called and I am still unable to upload attachments in order provide a visual example.)

Description:

-On mobile devices, there is this extremely annoying little button with a left pointing arrow that appears around the bottom left corner shortly after scrolling ceases.

-(am unsure if it also appears on tablets, desktops or other...)

-It seems to function exactly as the standard mobile 'Back' button would.

-ie: tapping it > returns to the previous page.

What would be requisite template editing necessary for complete removal of this obnoxious little 'Back' button?

Solution
To remove try removing in page_container template

Code:
<div class="u-navButtons js-navButtons" data-trigger-type="{{ property('scrollJumpButtons') }}">
    <xf:button href="javascript:" class="button--scroll"><xf:fa icon="fa-arrow-left" /><span class="u-srOnly">{{ phrase('back') }}</span></xf:button>
</div>
That button should only be there on the web app. When using a browser on a mobile then yes, you can use the browser back button.

But as the browser back button is not there when viewing the app, xenForo added this button to solve that problem. If you see it when using a browser then I imagine it is a bug.

Code:
<div class="u-navButtons js-navButtons" data-trigger-type="{{ property('scrollJumpButtons') }}">
    <xf:button href="javascript:" class="button--scroll"><xf:fa icon="fa-arrow-left" /><span class="u-srOnly">{{ phrase('back') }}</span></xf:button>
</div>

Solution
I see it on android. But weirdly never on Xenforo forum here. I have asked this before.

That button should only be there on the web app. When using a browser on a mobile then yes, you can use the browser back button.

But as the browser back button is not there when viewing the app, xenForo added this button to solve that problem. If you see it when using a browser then I imagine it is a bug.
EDIT: I think the back

May only apply to some devices, e.g. iPhone
Oh, do you mean, like, if we're using a mobile device, we shouldn't be seeing the conveniently positioned-(for mid post editing but then suddenly jumping ['Back'] to the previous page)-inconvenience button...?

Since we already have the device's 'Back' button aye...?

Does make sense really. I've been using a mobile this whole time with Xenforo and never once intentionally utilized/or wanted/nor needed use of the highly efficient irritation button...oh, I mean the ahh, the little 'Back' button thingie.

Probably around five or six-ish months ago, a small cartoonish cult-like following sprang up around this seemingly innocent demon button.

The leader...🤔if I recall correctly...was going by the flamboyant title of "Razz Gallazure"-(or something like that anyway.)

At the time, of course, there was little I could do.

I was completely powerless to deny the 'Back' button cultists uninhibited access to their tiny idol of comical worship.

However, fortunately... I...was able to...

...individually convince them...

... one-by-one...

...😂that I had absolutely no idea what little button they were talking about...

...so it probably had nothing to do with the fora...

...and may just be a figment of their imaginations.

(🤭...am possibly exaggerating just a smidge for humour, but this actually did occur)

Code:
</div>
Thank you once more, good sir Mr Lucky.

Genuinely am most appreciative of all the assistance you have been so generously providing for myself, for all current, and for all future Xenforo Community members alike.

Sorta like the Batman of Xenforo Community coding...

...🤔... maybe 'Codeman' of 'Xenforotham City'...

... indeed I am now imagining a vast advanced underground 'Codecave'... likely also hosting one/or multiple rocket powdered 'Codemobile/s'.

CodePlaya by day, CodeHero by night ..

...ever vigilant, alert for Commissioner Brogdan blasting the Code-signal. Always ready to fight codecrimes to protect Xenforotham City's xenizens from codecriminals, such as Arkforotham's Zensylum regulars, olde Zenguin, or the incontinent Zoker, even Zenface and non-binary gender-neutral minority Zatwomanperson-(pron: zey/zem), but not forgetting as well as everybody's favourite, the hostile little transient 'Back' button, plus of course various others, The Ziddler, and so forth....

😄👍Cheers @Mr Lucky

I see the value of it on iOS. Even on Android. But I just don't get why I don't get it here lol.

i thought this was for ios only. but the announcement here indicates that it might not be ios exclusive. yet does not explain why this forum does not have it on pwa. anyways. i got used to it after a few days. and now i just ignore it.

Absolutely not. I am not in the same league as the devs who make xenForo or those who make addons. What I do is mostly trial and error. But I am in the process of making a resource about template editing for beginners though.
😏Pfft, come now Mr Lucky sir. That is probably the most Codeman-esque post if ever I saw one. Though I get it.
The Batman also had to pretend he wasn't the Batman as well.

Top Bottom