XF 1.5 Remove Dropdown Menus

Davyc

Hi All

I'm attempting to remove the dropdown menus on the main menu tabs (Forums, Media, Showcase, Members, etc) but the usual SplitCtrl css trick in the Extra.css file doesn't seem to work in XF 1.5

Anyone any ideas how to lose these dropdowns - they're redundant when the options they display are already shown in the sub menu bar.

Many thanks

Hi All

I'm attempting to remove the dropdown menus on the main menu tabs (Forums, Media, Showcase, Members, etc) but the usual SplitCtrl css trick in the Extra.css file doesn't seem to work in XF 1.5

Anyone any ideas how to lose these dropdowns - they're redundant when the options they display are already shown in the sub menu bar.

Many thanks

Extra.css:

Code:
#XenForo .navTabs .SplitCtrl {
display: none;
}

But keep in mind the dropdowns do serve a purpose. Letting your users easily click "New Posts" while they're browsing the media gallery or the members page via the dropdown is a must have for me. If you remove the dropdown arrows it'll potentially just create more clicks the user needs to go through to get certain places.

Thanks for the reply Russ, but it doesn't work. Using theme UI.X from Audentio, so not sure whether that is where the problem lies. I did raise a ticket with Audentio but I'm told that this is not part of their support policy.

The reason I want rid of them is that the links are already there in the sub-menu that appears when the main item is clicked - having them as drop downs just adds links surplus to requirements.

As an aside this is the code that is being generated that governs the drop downs:

Code:
<div class="Menu JsOnly tabMenu xengalleryTabLinks" id="XenForoUniq0" style="visibility: visible; display: block; left: 406.5px; top: 396px;">

And the CSS is an Element style not to be found in any CSS file that I can see:

Code:
element.style {
    visibility: visible;
    display: block;
    left: 406.5px;
    top: 396px;

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
If it's something specific to UI.X you could try posting in the resource thread and maybe another UI.X user would be able to help.

That CSS works on the default style just fine from what I can tell. So if it's a style "conflict" you would be best to seek support from there.

Thanks Russ - I reckon I'm just going to leave UI.X and get one of your themes - I haven't time to waste trying to sort this out and AD don't seem to want to help.

Top Bottom