[rellect] Favicon For Links

[rellect] Favicon For Links 3.0.1

No permission to download

refael

rellect submitted a new resource:

[rellect] Favicon For Links - Automatically adds a favicon to links.

This version compatible with xenforo 2.x. For the xenforo 1.x version click here.

What's a Favicon
A favicon is a graphic image (icon) associated with a particular website.
Browers display them as a visual reminder of the Web site identity in the address bar or in tabs.

What 'Favicon For Links' does?
This addon automatically adds favicons to links in several areas of your site...

Read more about this resource...

I only want to show Favicon in post content, not show in other parts ( as signature, conversation..) is that possible? and how?

A green question: does this addon somehow touch the requirements for GDPR?

What I could imagine: User X visits a forums thread with links to Facebook, YouTube and Twitter o.s.. The addon fetches the icons either from those sites directly or via a Google service. In both cases the addon "connects" a user to a foreign site, which could save and connect the "visit" of the linked websites to a profile they have already.

Is this nonsens or could this indeed touch privacy aspects?

In any case: Thank you so much for porting this nice addon for XF2, @rellect and @partycraft.

A green question: does this addon somehow touch the requirements for GDPR?

What I could imagine: User X visits a forums thread with links to Facebook, YouTube and Twitter o.s.. The addon fetches the icons either from those sites directly or via a Google service. In both cases the addon "connects" a user to a foreign site, which could save and connect the "visit" of the linked websites to a profile they have already.

Is this nonsens or could this indeed touch privacy aspects?

In any case: Thank you so much for porting this nice addon for XF2, @rellect and @partycraft.
Unfortunately I don't have an answer as I don't fully understand GDPR.
But the end result is the same as posting an image that's hosted on another site.

oh thanks for the image link update.
kind of bugged about '- Prevent favicon from showing inside empty links' thing as it used to come handy to see posts with empty links left by spammers or by mistake. any reason why anyone would want to have empty links and why you decided to fix this bug?

oh thanks for the image link update.
kind of bugged about '- Prevent favicon from showing inside empty links' thing as it used to come handy to see posts with empty links left by spammers or by mistake. any reason why anyone would want to have empty links and why you decided to fix this bug?
Usually this happens by mistake or by copy-pasting. And since an empty link is not visible/clickable, I don't want to force it to show up.

About spam, I understand the idea but it's not very effective really. There are better ways to handle this automatically. (adding nofollow for example)

Hello, first i want to thank you for this awesome addon.

But i have a problem.

I created a Custom Thread Field when creating a new thread, for my users to paste the link from the original article.

But when we post the thread, there is not favicon beside the link, just a 'blank' space. All the sites that i tested have a favicon.

I think is just some coding customization for solving the problem.

Can you help me?

Hello, first i want to thank you for this awesome addon.

But i have a problem.

I created a Custom Thread Field when creating a new thread, for my users to paste the link from the original article.

But when we post the thread, there is not favicon beside the link, just a 'blank' space. All the sites that i tested have a favicon.

I think is just some coding customization for solving the problem.

Can you help me?
Hi
In order for this to work, the link element should have a css class 'link': <a href="https://google.com" class="link">example</a>

Hi
In order for this to work, the link element should have a css class 'link': <a href="https://google.com" class="link">example</a>

Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry about the questions, but, I'm not really a coder, this is just a hobby that i really try to learn more every day.

Your solution worked very well, thank you very much.

I just used this on my HTML Value Display:

Code:
<a href="{$value}" class="link">{$value}</a>

Do you have plan adding option Disable links in signatures?

Example:

favicons_settings-png.183375

Top Bottom