[rellect] Favicon For Links

Unmaintained [rellect] Favicon For Links 3.0.1

No permission to download
Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.0
  2. 2.1
License
You're not allowed to republish, sell, trade, or take credit for this addon without the permission of the author.
This version compatible with xenforo 2.x. For the xenforo 1.x version click here.

What's a Favicon
A favicon is a graphic image (icon) associated with a particular website.
Browers display them as a visual reminder of the Web site identity in the address bar or in tabs.

What 'Favicon For Links' does?
This addon automatically adds favicons to links in several areas of your site.
It will highlight links and also will help users to easily identify the websites they will be going to by clicking a link.

As mentioned, it works in several places of the site, such as:
  • Resources & Resource Updates
  • Profile Posts
  • etc..

What about performance?
This addon uses a service of Google for pulling the favicons and it's done in the browser (meaning not in the server-side).
In addition, it happens asynchronously, so it does not delay the loading of the page.

Options
There's no options page at this point.

Author
refael
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.75 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from refael

Latest updates

1. v3.0.1

Small bug fixes: - Prevent favicon from showing inside images - Prevent favicon from showing...

Latest reviews

Still works great on XF2. Easy to upgrade from XF1. Really makes your links standout without having to use fancy colours.
This was originally one of the neatest small addons on the XF1 versions. I was glad seeing rellect importing this one over to XF2. Using it over a year now and it helps immensely to detect links in posts and is visually appealing. Thank you.
Works in 2.1. Very helpful in identifying links inside post content. Especially when identifying spammers.
My only gripe is I'd like to have an option to have a different icon for internal links. It looks a bit silly on large explanatory posts leading to various parts of your site.
Top Bottom