Related Contents

Related Contents 1.5.2

No permission to download

Tan Tran

Tan Tran submitted a new resource:

Related Contents - Show Related Contents on threads, based on XenForo 1.5 Tags, Unlimited Content Types supported.

This addon will show related contents on threads, based on Xenforo 1.5 Tags. Multiple Content Types supported.

Main features:
- Unlimited Content types.
- Cache Related contents.
- Set maximum number of contents in the Related Contents block.

Admin Cp -> Content Tagging -> Enable Related Contents.

View attachment 116535
Demo:
View attachment 116536

Read more about this resource...

Cool addon - can we modify it or style it.. like regular related topic like an image along with title and some expert of the thread?

Cool addon - can we modify it or style it.. like regular related topic like an image along with title and some expert of the thread?
This addon is designed to handle any addon that supports tags. With each content type, it will automatically use search_result template of that content type. You can style it but that will affect the search results page.

For an example, you can modify these templates:
Thread - search_result_thread
Resource - search_result_resource
Showcase - nflj_showcase_search_result
Media - xengallery_search_result_media

Last edited:
Would it be possible to be able to exclude certain tags from showing in the thread suggestions? and exclude certain forum topics from showing?

Would it be possible to be able to exclude certain tags from showing in the thread suggestions? and exclude certain forum topics from showing?
Yes, that is possible to exclude certain tags, i'm gonna add this feature in the next update.
But about excluding thread ids/content ids, that's good one too but it's quite complicated to implement. This addon uses a single query to fetch related content ids from database and those ids are from different content types. I will see what i can do.

Thanks.

When viewing a thread I get the following error:

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND visible = 1 ORDER BY content_date DESC LIMIT 5' at line 5 in /xxxxxxx/xxxx/sites/cheerforum.de/www.cheerforum.de/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in RelatedContents/Model/Tag.php at line 70
  5. RelatedContents_Model_Tag->getContentIdsByTagIds() in RelatedContents/ViewPublic/ThreadView.php at line 32
  6. RelatedContents_ViewPublic_ThreadView->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 601
  9. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /xxxxxxx/xxxx/sites/cheerforum.de/www.cheerforum.de/index.php at line 13

Tan Tran updated Related Contents with a new update entry:

Version 1.5.1: Faster

- Reduced the number of queries, improved cache.
- Widget Framework Ready. Admin Cp -> Content Tagging -> Enable Widget Framework. Note: You must have Widget Framework installed and the widget (Related Contents: Thread View) should be used on thread_view only.
- From this version, you can customize/style the Related Contents container by editing these templates:
related_content_results -> main container template
related_content_thread -> single thread item...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great update!

How can I get a complete output of $result.content?

Just a little bit confused right now, because I am new to "coding" or template editing in xenforo!

Code:
<a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{xen:helper snippet, $post.message, 150, {xen:array 'term={$search.search_query}', 'emClass=highlight', 'stripQuotes=1'}}</a>
This does not show the message of the post for me ;-(

@Tan Tran I install your addon and it's error. I install addon [bd] Widget Framework and add widget but it's not show thread in my forum ...Help me

xMgQ9dO.png

Hey @THLove , i can see that "Content Types" option is empty, there are no content types there. Each content type must have tags to be shown up in that field. Try to add some tags to your contents.

Top Bottom