Rejoining a conversation you have left

lazy llama

Is there any way to rejoin a conversation which you have left and selected the "no responses" option?

Some of our users use conversations as an informal private thread, but want to stop receiving responses when they are away on holiday etc. If they leave, as far as I can see, there's no way back in, other than by me changing their status directly in the database.

I guess they should just turn their notifications off while they're away but I wouldn't have thought being able to rejoin a conversation would be a completely unusual thing.

This is the code for leaving a conversation:

XenForo_Model_Conversation::deleteConversationForUser

It updates the xf_conversation_recipient record and deletes the xf_conversation_user record.

If no one else is left in the conversation then it deletes these records by conversation_id:

xf_conversation_master
xf_conversation_message
xf_conversation_recipient
xf_conversation_user

It also updates alerts and inbox counters, but those are less important.

Thanks, Jake.
I'll have a look at the code to double check but it sounds like the bits I did should sort it out cleanly.

<wonder if there's some scope for an add-on in this area>

This is the code for leaving a conversation:

XenForo_Model_Conversation::deleteConversationForUser

It updates the xf_conversation_recipient record and deletes the xf_conversation_user record.

If no one else is left in the conversation then it deletes these records by conversation_id:

xf_conversation_master
xf_conversation_message
xf_conversation_recipient
xf_conversation_user

It also updates alerts and inbox counters, but those are less important.
Jake, can you help me with how to use this? I never knew that we could not delete Conversations and most who use it on my forum do not know how, or would be too lazy to remove themselves. Also, there was a conversation started which has grown 'legs' and has a mind of it's own and it's distracting the normal functions of the forum. I would like to be able to either manually or automatically remove such 'started' convo's ;-)

Jake, can you help me with how to use this? I never knew that we could not delete Conversations and most who use it on my forum do not know how, or would be too lazy to remove themselves. Also, there was a conversation started which has grown 'legs' and has a mind of it's own and it's distracting the normal functions of the forum. I would like to be able to either manually or automatically remove such 'started' convo's ;-)

Run these queries to manually delete a conversation from the database (you need to specify the conversation_id):

Code:
DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_master
WHERE conversation_id = 7;

DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_message

DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_recipient

DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_user

Did you choose your database first?

Click on your Database and then the SQL tab. Then enter the queries...

(based on your error, no database selected)

Run these queries to manually delete a conversation from the database (you need to specify the conversation_id):

Code:
DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_master

DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_message

DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_recipient

DELETE
FROM xf_conversation_user
Could this be done as an add-on?

In this pic, the 'See All Conversations' is available in my profile (if person is granted permissions) and you can only SEE and DELETE any conversations whether you are in them or not. It's sneaky but it's what an ADMIN needs to have:

seeallconvos.webp

Here in the "HEY!" conversation, I am not included but at the top-right you can see that I can delete it if I wanted to:

seeallconvos1.webp

I changed the name of the addon but it's real name is: "[tLk] ReadPC" ;-)

I didn't know you could delete pms in that addon. It would take too long doing it that way though.

Lets say I had some addon that sent 'Welcome PMs to each new user' but all the information in that welcome pm is no longer relevant and I do not want them to read that pm especially if it was a mistake. So what if I wanted to just delete every PM that a certain member or member group had, like noobs for instance.

Top Bottom